My Youth Romantic Comedy is Wrong as I Expected

Novel Series that has ceased translation

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading "My youth romantic comedy is wrong as I expected" ?

It was good! Please do more!
97%
It was interesting.
3%
Not as good as I thought.
0%
Boring. Not touching it again.
0%

Total votes: 1669

ArcAveris
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: My Youth Romantic Comedy is Wrong as I Expected

Post by ArcAveris »

FalseError wrote:I made an account so that I could thank the people working on the translation/anything to do with the translation. I really like this light novel and I appreciate what you guys are doing. I'm used to reading Western literature so the tone is refreshing and new to me. Keep it up.
Same here, It's nice to read in english once in a while.
Last thing, wouldn't it be more sufficent if the project concentrates on translating the previous volumes instead of jumping to v7 and v8.
I can assure you that the previous novels are fairly different from the anime adaption, since most of the LNs focuses on ヒッキ's narration more than conversations, also there are some altered parts due to space, for example the 7th (i-think) chapter that focuses on Totsuka Saika, "ときどき、ラブコメの神様はいいことをする。" ifI remember right, so I'm sure it would appreciated if the translations cover that par as well.
Spyro
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Spyro »

ArcAveris wrote:
FalseError wrote:I made an account so that I could thank the people working on the translation/anything to do with the translation. I really like this light novel and I appreciate what you guys are doing. I'm used to reading Western literature so the tone is refreshing and new to me. Keep it up.
Same here, It's nice to read in english once in a while.
Last thing, wouldn't it be more sufficent if the project concentrates on translating the previous volumes instead of jumping to v7 and v8.
I can assure you that the previous novels are fairly different from the anime adaption, since most of the LNs focuses on ヒッキ's narration more than conversations, also there are some altered parts due to space, for example the 7th (i-think) chapter that focuses on Totsuka Saika, "ときどき、ラブコメの神様はいいことをする。" ifI remember right, so I'm sure it would appreciated if the translations cover that par as well.
As far as I can see, I'm probably the only active translator at the moment. I do want to do the previous volumes myself but considering that volume 9 will be out in a little over a month, I'd prefer to keep up with the most recent volume. I was expecting NanoDesu to cover the earlier volumes but they've been on hiatus for a while now, so I don't really know.

If I somehow manage to catch up to the recent release (that being volume 8), I will go back and do the previous volumes but realistically speaking, that won't be for quite a while.
ArcAveris
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ArcAveris »

Spyro wrote:
ArcAveris wrote:Same here, It's nice to read in english once in a while.
As far as I can see, I'm probably the only active translator at the moment. I do want to do the previous volumes myself but considering that volume 9 will be out in a little over a month, I'd prefer to keep up with the most recent volume. I was expecting NanoDesu to cover the earlier volumes but they've been on hiatus for a while now, so I don't really know.

If I somehow manage to catch up to the recent release (that being volume 8), I will go back and do the previous volumes but realistically speaking, that won't be for quite a while.
Well I've read through the previous volumes (raw of course) but I left some holed word ( sometimes expressions ) here and there.
When we're talking about plot, the anime adaption covered most of it, except they forgot the Hikigaya-Totsuka date... and many parts they deemed unimportant.
And many conversations was altered to make for the lack of space, but we're still in tracks with the story, definitely.

@Spyro, I really appreciate that you're putting work onto the novel, sadly enough I can't help, I have exams coming and I'm not that much confident in my Japanese.

Howeva', I'm planning to buy the 9th volume as soon as it's released, I will hopefully scan it as I lay my hands on it.
Spyro
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Spyro »

I plan on buying volume 9 too actually. The goal's to finish volume 8 before it gets released.

Admittedly, even if I were offered help to translate volume 8, I wouldn't take it. I'd prefer to do it myself but I'm not the owner so people can do whatever they want.
Kamui
Astral Realm

Post by Kamui »

Spyro wrote:As far as I can see, I'm probably the only active translator at the moment. I do want to do the previous volumes myself but considering that volume 9 will be out in a little over a month, I'd prefer to keep up with the most recent volume. I was expecting NanoDesu to cover the earlier volumes but they've been on hiatus for a while now, so I don't really know.

I also prefer that you give priority to recent volumes. As the anime covered the previous volumes, don't need have fussed with them.
idny
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by idny »

the chapter 3 of volume 8 was such a cliff hanger. i mean its not fully translated yet .hahahaha anyway i cant wait anymore..:)) as always thank you to those who translated this LN may you continue translating this LN till the end. :wink:
daoquangduc
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by daoquangduc »

Spyro wrote:I plan on buying volume 9 too actually. The goal's to finish volume 8 before it gets released.

Admittedly, even if I were offered help to translate volume 8, I wouldn't take it. I'd prefer to do it myself but I'm not the owner so people can do whatever they want.
Yeah, really, we always want to get along with you and your translations through all the time :D They are really wonderful, and so of course we will believe in your work with this LN :D And I also agree about the part that you are concentrating on the most recent volumes before volume 9 coming out :) About those previous volumes, I think we can watch the anime to have some main summaries, then about the details in each volumes, of course we have to wait for a while at all !! :)
Thank you for the translations :D Really impressive :) Looking forward to volume 9 in the near future ^^
lostotaku
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by lostotaku »

I finally worked out volume 7 :) I have been rereading it to work out why Yui and Yukino were mad at Hachiman properly the fourth time and it finally clicked :P
it because they don't like Hachiman being the one hurt most or something along those lines

incidently I just found this posted at animesuki a teaser for volume 9 figure it might be good to post here
Spoiler! :
Excorsism wrote: The holy night. Feelings that don't reach anywhere and wishes that aren't granted

Christmas is just around the corner.
Back when he was a child, it was an exciting day to get presents, but now, that isn't the case anymore.
Even things he wanted and wishes he wanted to make no longer existed.
Ever since the day of the student council election, Hachiman and the others continued to show up at the club just for the sake of not running away, pulled along by their relationship that had definitely ended in some way.
At that time, a new request was given to them by the new student council president, Iroha.
It was a request to help with a Christmas event collaboration with another school; a request which Hachiman takes on by himself.
But, for a complicated request like this, the situation gradually grows worse...
Unnoticeable, sealed feelings from the depths of the heart. A wish that wasn't granted and that was given up on. On the holy night, if there was something to wish for, then--
Light novel better then Manga better then Anime
thats how it generally goes, but there always an exception
gnauhZ
Astral Realm

Post by gnauhZ »

I'm really impressed by the speed in which you are putting these out. I made an account just to tell you that I appreciate your effort in providing a translation to such a great series. Keep 'em coming!
idny
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by idny »

is this the last chapter of volume 8? urgh plenty of emotions clashing on that chapter can't wait for the next one..:D as always thanks for translating this L.N..:))
Spyro
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Spyro »

idny wrote:is this the last chapter of volume 8? urgh plenty of emotions clashing on that chapter can't wait for the next one..:D as always thanks for translating this L.N..:))
Not at all. There's still 4 chapters left in the volume.
victorrama
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]
Favourite Light Novel: Too many to list, just ask

Post by victorrama »

That summary of vol.9... feels like something very big will happen.... and thank you Spyro with the amazing speed.
Just a passing by translator, editor, typesetter, writer, meeper.

Translating : The Maso's TL project
and also other series.

“The mind, at times, takes masochistic delight in suffering.” ― Saurbh Katyal, Seduced by Murder
thatrandom_guy
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by thatrandom_guy »

Thanks for the translation (: , I was trying to hold off reading this series untill the previous volumes got translated since it always seems the animes of novels miss out on important or crucial information but, I couldn't resist anymore. Once again thanks for translating its truly apprieciated :)
idny
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by idny »

Spyro wrote:
idny wrote:is this the last chapter of volume 8? urgh plenty of emotions clashing on that chapter can't wait for the next one..:D as always thanks for translating this L.N..:))
oh god 4 more chapter's of volume 8 roller coaster feels.. :) I now really love Spyro! :P
PollarRabbit
Astral Realm

Post by PollarRabbit »

Spyro wrote:
Just wanted to say, thanks for your hard work! I've been in love with this series ever since I watched the anime a couple months back, and only recently did I learn that the light novels were being translated on Baka Tsuki. I'm eagerly waiting for v8 to be fully translated since I don't want to read half and die from the suspense (that has almost happened before lol :). Once again, thanks for your efforts!

Return to “Abandoned”