Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu Series

General discussion related to Dai Densetsu no Yūsha no Densetsu & Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading Dai Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu?

It was good! Please do more!
97%
It was interesting.
3%
Not as good as I thought.
0%
Boring. Not touching it again.
No votes

Total votes: 473

p0l3r
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Legend of the legendary Heroes

Post by p0l3r »

Larethian are we missing any important plot points from the anime so far? Other then the romance between the two. Just wondering if thier doing a good job of the story from the novel.
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

p0l3r wrote:Larethian are we missing any important plot points from the anime so far? Other then the romance between the two. Just wondering if thier doing a good job of the story from the novel.
Yes and no, the main gist is there, however there are variations...

And DAMN, they cut off the fastest magic lesson on Earth...

A rough explanation of what i meant... Ryner's lesson:
Spoiler! :
"Arua, if you try hard to see, do you see golden light flying here and there?"

Arua, as an Alpha Stigma, sees.

Ryner: "Okay, lets go into the second year of magical academy then."

etc etc

Alpha Stigma teaching Alpha Stigma, thats the fastest magic lesson in the world!

And one variation from the novel i find quite disturbing:
Spoiler! :
In the anime, while saving Arua, he mimicked the priest's magic. However, in the novel, Ryner mentioned that he is not too confident about their magic, as their magic comes from their God, and as he does not have any faith, he might not be able to use that magic despite his Alpha Stigma. Hopefully, it will not affect the story in the later parts...
As for the rest, well, there are some comedy and all missing, but the main idea is there... Did I miss anything? larethian
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

Oh yeah, the fastest magic lesson was a good one. Though that is still believable, but the physical training from Ferris wasn't.

Runa magic:
Spoiler! :
Have not seen any Runa magic every since so far, and since in Dai Denyuuden vol 2 or 3, Runa is gone LOL.
In the anime, the main plot points are there, but it lacks character development, and is slightly harder to understand the characters' behavior because we can't see every thought they have, unlike the LN. They are also some variations here and there, if you check animesuki, I'll normally post the more notable variations there.
p0l3r
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by p0l3r »

Oh ok thanks. I wonder why cant they show thoughts and make the anime longer. Crest of the star anime did it and it was a awsome show. I never read the novel though so I dont know if they changed anything.
ShadowZeroHeart

p0l3r wrote:Oh ok thanks. I wonder why cant they show thoughts and make the anime longer. Crest of the star anime did it and it was a awsome show. I never read the novel though so I dont know if they changed anything.
Limitations of anime, and also too keep the audience reeled in. If they focus too much on the things in the novel, it may cause some of them to get bored and go off.

Personally, I find the character design for some quite unacceptable... All of them look too anime-ish in the anime...

Ferris is too emotional, the novel had her ONLY showing emotions during the important moments, like when she pulled Ryner back from his semi-berserk mode and such. At ALL other moments, she only speaks, with an emotionless face...

But if you only watch the anime, it would make her seem like a robot? The novel can simply say "After being with her for so long, I can see the minute changes in her expressions", but in the anime, its not possible.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
p0l3r
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by p0l3r »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:
p0l3r wrote:Oh ok thanks. I wonder why cant they show thoughts and make the anime longer. Crest of the star anime did it and it was a awsome show. I never read the novel though so I dont know if they changed anything.
Limitations of anime, and also too keep the audience reeled in. If they focus too much on the things in the novel, it may cause some of them to get bored and go off.

Personally, I find the character design for some quite unacceptable... All of them look too anime-ish in the anime...

Ferris is too emotional, the novel had her ONLY showing emotions during the important moments, like when she pulled Ryner back from his semi-berserk mode and such. At ALL other moments, she only speaks, with an emotionless face...

But if you only watch the anime, it would make her seem like a robot? The novel can simply say "After being with her for so long, I can see the minute changes in her expressions", but in the anime, its not possible.
Yeah, I guess your right.. I guess you have to take it for what it is as a summary of the novel. I dont agree with what they did with zero no tsukaima though. :cry:
giorno
Astral Realm

Post by giorno »

zero no tsukaima was an especially bad adaptation

fortunately that doesn't seem to be the case with DYD so far
larethian
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

don't have any time to translate anything this week, so the next update will be slower.
ShadowZeroHeart

@larethian: Does Dai Densetsuu really end at volume 8? I always thought that it would last much longer, having that much to cover... Seeing how just the prologue lasted 11 volumes...

@Other audience: Episode 15 of the anime is 50% crap, much more crappy than the other episodes. Ryner being under Sion is a secret, or else they wont be on the hunt for them? So to see the two of them together would mean that there is no need to continue the hunt, especially since Sion himself did not bother with getting rid of Ryner. In fact, one should remove the entire group hunting Ryner from this episode, and it pretty much tells the tale.

Similarly, the assasination does not exist, and the assassination by Ryner involves not just the dictionary, but rather, he is supposed to fight and kill Sion, just that he fell asleep waiting, thus the reason why hes sleeping on the bed. And Sion, noticed the presence of another, the trap on the door etc etc, and not so helpless or defenseless as to just walk in like that... He is a good fighter, thus the title of Hero King after all.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
larethian
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

No. In the afterword of volume 8, Dai denyuuden is expected to end at volume 10 though the author is not 100% sure himself.

I have not read the side stories, but the hunt could be from the side stories. Episode 1 was also from side stories I've heard.
blewin
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by blewin »

Just read Vol 2, thanks very much for the TL!
I found myself skipping some stuff because there's lots of bantering between Ferris and Ryner, and at times, I just got bored and wanted to get to the meat of the matter. Sorryyyy. For not having read any previous volumes, I'm very curious in the events leading up to Ryner's escape. What happened while he was captured? Why couldn't he and anyone else remember the lightning spell anymore? He's been using it abundantly in the anime so far! seems like an easy spell that lots of people use. A fav spell you could say?

Ferris' love for dango.... well, it's eye-opening to read Ryner's assessment of her emotions. I never get the feeling from the anime that Ferris is totally emotionless.
ShadowZeroHeart

blewin wrote:Just read Vol 2, thanks very much for the TL!
I found myself skipping some stuff because there's lots of bantering between Ferris and Ryner, and at times, I just got bored and wanted to get to the meat of the matter. Sorryyyy. For not having read any previous volumes, I'm very curious in the events leading up to Ryner's escape. What happened while he was captured? Why couldn't he and anyone else remember the lightning spell anymore? He's been using it abundantly in the anime so far! seems like an easy spell that lots of people use. A fav spell you could say?

Ferris' love for dango.... well, it's eye-opening to read Ryner's assessment of her emotions. I never get the feeling from the anime that Ferris is totally emotionless.
Ferris is meant to be TOTALLY EMOTIONLESS by appearance, the anime failed miserably at it, just to create more impact for readers. She is supposed to be totally emotionless looking, until Ryner starts to grasp how to see her minute expression changes, and it would be impressively impactful when she does indeed show her emotions when Ryner goes wrong. Example being how she saved him from going berserk being one... and the future events that I hope the anime wont cut off.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
larethian
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

blewin wrote:Just read Vol 2, thanks very much for the TL!

Actually the bantering in this chapter was hilarious to me and was somewhat new since the prequel. Maybe some of the humour was lost in the translation :( .

Capturing of Ryner:
Spoiler! :
When Sion first visited Lucile, he made an agreement to be come the vessel for the Mad Hero, and he was given three years before the Mad Hero will start to take over him. This seems to be the fate of all who take the throne of Roland, including Sion's father, the previous king. The relationship between the Mad Hero and the Lonely Demon, and between Sion and Ryner is far too complicated to explain in a few sentences, but for now, just accept that the Mad Hero needs to devour Ryner's Solver of All Equations (half of the Lonely Demon) to control his darkness, and to be Complete. That's why he was captured. Though at the same time Sion wanted to save him, by researching him and create a substitute. But that would be a futile attempt, as Lucile put it.

And because the legendary powers are at the level of gods, the lightning spell, Izuchi, was erased by the Mad Hero inside of Sion when Ryner cast it in volume 11 of the prequel. It was not dispelled, but erased completely from the surface of this world. Hence, no traces of it remain, even in the memories of others due to this godly power.
As ShadowZeroHeart said, Ferris
Spoiler! :
doesn't display any emotions. She teases Ryner with a straight face and only shows apparent emotions when she's acting. But she gradually regains them, though still it was unnoticeable to all except Ryner. But I think the anime or manga has to explicitly show them to express what she's feeling, even if they are slight feelings. It would be quite disruptive to use monologue from Ryner to express this every time in the anime or manga. In the next episode, Ryner would make a comment after talking to the Eris butler, that given that Ferris's hellish training stopped at age 14, it was just in time for her to get back her emotions.
larethian
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

I must admit, after coming back from Seoul on Thursday evening, I've been spending time reading, or rather, playing Fortune Arterial, and I'm now hooked! Since there is a break in V1 Ch3 of Dai DYD, I've finished up the last few pages up till that breakpoint. I have about 32 pages left for chapter 3, and it will probably be done only by end of next week, since my current goal is to finish all routes and play the True End of Fortune Arterial by this week :lol:

Synopsis of first half of V1 Ch3 (already uploaded):
Spoiler! :
Scene is switched back to Roland, with Froaude receiving orders from Sion; and an interesting interaction between Froaude and Lucile.
What is to come for the second half (probably done in 30th Oct??):
Spoiler! :
We'll visit the battlefront at Nelpha and see things from the perspective of Claugh Klom.
Now, back to Fortune Arterial woohoo! :lol:
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

If I remember correctly Fortune Arterial has a Fan TL that's being worked on too, hopefully that works out well.

Return to “Dai Densetsu no Yūsha no Densetsu & Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi”