Megadeth

This forum is for Music & Culture related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

TheDefend
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Megadeth

Post by TheDefend »

any of you bought this CD? plan on buying it but getting some prob w/ my almost-empty wallet T-T
Baka Tsuki Lurker -Transform-> Baka Wolf Lurker
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Which one? Megadeth has been around for about 20 years now. So, they have put out quite a few albums. I am assuming though that you are talking about their new album, "United Abominations." If so, I recommend it to anyone who likes melodic metal with some awesome guitar solos. I must say though that this album is not for those who disagree with Dave Mustaine's more conservative political views. He does not pull any punches lyrically. Frankly, I like most of the album with the exception of a few songs that took a while longer to grow on me.
fiendmaw
Astral Realm

Re: Megadeth

Post by fiendmaw »

Did you just say awesome guitar solo's?
Oh boy,oh boy!
(I knew about Megadeth,but not awesome guitar solo's :3)
Beware the talking cat
Dot Mage

Post by Beware the talking cat »

I think you spelled 'death' wrong.
Administrator
Archnemesis of the name changing guy.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Umm, sorry to break it to you, but the "deth" in Megadeth is spelled without the "a." Also, Megadeth is one of those bands that is known for their awesome guitar solos. Hangar 18, one of their songs, is about a 5 minute song with over 20 guitar solos! (Or so I have heard something to this extent.) If you like awesome guitar solos, here are some bands to try: Dream Theater, Dragonforce, Shadows Fall, All That Remains, X Japan, Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Trivium, and the list goes on forever, it seems. Of course, this all depends on your individual tastes.
fiendmaw
Astral Realm

Post by fiendmaw »

Thanks for the recommendations,I'll check them when I have time. \m/
And as for taste,guitar solo's like the ones in 'Metallica-Astronomy'<-favorite guitar solo.And Norther,CoB,Bewitched...etc.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

While older Metallica is good and classic (funny you say that in a topic about Megadeth), I think that they are just the tip of the iceberg in terms of awesome guitar solos. I think that there are some better guitarists out there than Kirk Hammett. While he is certainly good, and I feel bad for him not getting any guitar solos on St. Anger (not a Metallica album :evil: ), I think that guys like Steve Vai and John Petrucci are just simply better. However, that is just my opinion, so it probably does not mean much.
fiendmaw
Astral Realm

Post by fiendmaw »

Well,about Metallica and other bands,I get that alot ^_^;
My friends tell me when I listen to Amon Amarth then switch to Metallica right away 'Dude are you f*******g g*y?!?'.
I classify music with good and bad.
And if Metallica is just the tip of the iceberg,I can't wait to get to the core!!!
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Well, I hope you do not go to the soft core because that is all mushy and nasty inside like a bad apple. :wink: Although some hardcore is good, it can be a little much at times because I cannot understand what they are saying half of the time, and the blast beats that are frequently used are just retarded. I would say older As I Lay Dying and pretty much anything by Between the Buried and Me are good examples of hardcore with good guitar rifts.
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Post by Rectifier »

Mastodon
Avenged Sevenfold
Disturbed
Godsmack
Hellyeah
Mudvayne

^ Examples of some good bands
Ducksaplenty
Astral Realm

Post by Ducksaplenty »

Anyone heard of the band Tool? They've got some great music.
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Post by Rectifier »

Oh yeah, I particularly like Lateralus, Vicarious, Jambi, and a few others from Tool.

Also, when the lead singer from Tool sang for A Perfect Circle it was pretty sweet.

*400th Post ftw!
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Well, A Perfect Circle is really Maynard's side project. I think he is looking at putting out another album with A Perfect Circle in the near future here. I am unsure about that, but that is what I have heard. I also heard a rumor that he was looking at working with the guys from Rage Against the Machine minus Zack de la Rocha. I do not know how true that one is. It sounds kind of bogus. :?

Return to “Music & Culture”