Question about Shakugan no shana novel (Liscensed)

This forum is for Novel & Manga related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

garra
Astral Realm

Question about Shakugan no shana novel (Liscensed)

Post by garra »

If the shakugan no shana novel is Liscensed, What happens to it? Does it get translated? If it does then will they release and american verison tranaslated for us or does it just release the copies in japanese? Shakugan no shana novel is liscnesed right?
Itachi-chan
Astral Realm

Post by Itachi-chan »

Yes, Shakugan no Shana novels were licensed by VIZ Media. That means that the novels will be translated in english and will be released in america.

The first novel will be released in April 17, 2007.
garra
Astral Realm

Post by garra »

Thank you so much for clearing that up for me. But I have a question... Do you think they will sell it at stores like border, barns and nobles or maybe in KinoKuniya? Well anyway do you know when the 2nd volume is coming out or is it coming out Yearly? Also forgot to add do you know when the manga for shana is coming out? I heard that vizmedia is also doing the manga for shana.
Itachi-chan
Astral Realm

Post by Itachi-chan »

Hm... About where the novels will sell, I really don't have a clue. The release date for the 2nd novel wasn't mentioned yet, but I don't think it's coming out yearly. For instance, the release dates of the FMA's novels(also released by VIZ):

Vol. 1 - Oct. 4, 2005
Vol. 2 - Feb. 21, 2006
Vol. 3 - May. 16, 2006

I suppose the second volume of SnS novels will come out 3~5 months after the first volume is released.

The manga was licensed by VIZ media and the first volume it will be released on the same day as the first volume of the novel(April 17, 2007).
garra
Astral Realm

Post by garra »

Well I see what you mean. But however I did some research and found out that the movie and the manga and novel is coming out on the exact same month and time. (Weird isn't it...)Well anyway as far manga and novel coming out on the exact same day, wasn't Shakugan no Shana suppose to be in the shojo beat manga earlier rather then the volume coming out first? Well anyway if this can't be sold in the stores I am looking for, then I'll just order it online I guess...
cotton
Astral Realm

Post by cotton »

I recently watched the Shana anime, having heard there were a lot of similarities between Shana and Haruhi. As indeed there were. But if I'm honest, I'd have to say it has a hell of a lot more in common with Sailor Moon than Suzumiya Haruhi.

The crazy professor with the glowing glasses, the wacky Youma-like peons stealing people's essential energies and occsaionally finding some special treasure inside. And what was the Balle Masque if not the Dead Moon Circus?
ArGus
Astral Realm

Post by ArGus »

Yeah, it is licensed. When the first novel is released, I'll be sure to get it. :D
KublaiKhan
Astral Realm

Post by KublaiKhan »

Does anyone know which novel the anime goes up to?

And also, I didn't know the first novel was coming out so early! I'm going to have to pick that up when it comes out!
Hiiragi Kagami
Astral Realm

Re:

Post by Hiiragi Kagami »

garra wrote:Well I see what you mean. But however I did some research and found out that the movie and the manga and novel is coming out on the exact same month and time. (Weird isn't it...)Well anyway as far manga and novel coming out on the exact same day, wasn't Shakugan no Shana suppose to be in the shojo beat manga earlier rather then the volume coming out first? Well anyway if this can't be sold in the stores I am looking for, then I'll just order it online I guess...
SnS was going to be in Shojo Beat magazine? It isn't even shoujo...
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Question about Shakugan no shana novel (Liscensed)

Post by ainsoph9 »

Well, it is shoujo, if you mean that it has a lot of girls in it. :roll: Seriously though, SnS is more shounen/action/harem/fantasy/supernatural, etc.
Hiiragi Kagami
Astral Realm

Post by Hiiragi Kagami »

ainsoph9 wrote:Well, it is shoujo, if you mean that it has a lot of girls in it. :roll:
No, that's not what I mean.
The Americans think that shoujo=main char is a girl/lots of girls. But they should just think about it: SHnY stars a girl, but that's far from a true shoujo (With the Mikuru groping and whatnot). And anyone who thinks that KnJ is a shoujo, I hope is not reading/watching it.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

I know. Hence the eye rolling. Maybe I should have winked instead. I know that shoujo is not just a series with a lot of girls in it. Rather, it is a style of anime that caters to a certain kind of audience, namely girls. Frankly, I can see how someone can get the other definition, but it seems so far off that you would have to be pretty oblivious to reach such a conclusion.
Hiiragi Kagami
Astral Realm

Post by Hiiragi Kagami »

Ah... does anyone know what happened with Viz Media translating Shakugan no Shana? The third novel's supposed to come out this summer, but a couple of months ago, the third book's profile disappeared from Viz Media'a site, and I can't find a profile for it on Amazon either. Did Viz Media throw the towel in?
Beware the talking cat
Dot Mage

Post by Beware the talking cat »

I'm not sure. I do have the first two sitting on my bookshelf though. They cry out, "join us. join us."

(I did a bit of light searching, and it should be coming out on the 10th. That's the date TRSI has for it.)
Administrator
Archnemesis of the name changing guy.
Hiiragi Kagami
Astral Realm

Post by Hiiragi Kagami »

Bewarethetalkingcat, that's the manga due for June 10, not the light novel...
And on TRSI, there's no profile for the third light novel.

Return to “Manga & Novel”