TCGs

This forum is for Games & Computing related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Setherzam
Void Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

TCGs

Post by Setherzam »

so who here plays TCGs? I'm into Magic and soon Rumbling Spell Orchestra as soon as I'm done with the patch
Beware the talking cat
Dot Mage

Post by Beware the talking cat »

I'm a current magic player who played SWCCG and LOTRTCG(both by decipher), until they lost the license, and died, respectively.
Administrator
Archnemesis of the name changing guy.
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by HolyCow »

I played M:TG quite a bit when I was young (my last set was Apocalypse...). I also played Pokemon quite a lot, but let's just forget that shall we? :D
/me claws out throat and dies
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

I played Magic in secret until my mother discovered the decks and made me sell them. :(
...Tg...g.g........... And Kol Ravensabbey cried,
..g...B...g........@.. "In Armok's name!!!!"
T...T..B..g........... And there was bloodshed.
Setherzam
Void Mage

Post by Setherzam »

ouch that sucks. lol I was so lucky with my last draft. three warpacks and 4 captain colorless.
magus
Astral Realm

Post by magus »

How about the haruhi trading card game? :lol:
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by HolyCow »

Blah draft. The last time I went for an apocalypse draft, I got an Undermine and was the first to pick. Everyone was like 'That lucky B@stard' :D

Then the next guy opened a pack and got a FOIL DESOLATION ANGEL :shock:

:?
/me claws out throat and dies
Setherzam
Void Mage

Post by Setherzam »

HolyCow wrote:
Then the next guy opened a pack and got a FOIL DESOLATION ANGEL :shock:

:?
lucky Itsuki.... Well the first draft I went to I got the $12 shock land as first pick which paid for my entry fee. right after the tournament I wen tup and sold it getting my entry fee back and a little more
Beware the talking cat
Dot Mage

I will so play the Haruhi TCG. We can have Baka-Tsuki translate it.
Administrator
Setherzam
Void Mage

Post by Setherzam »

>.> same here
Rednal
Temporal Time Variant Entity

Post by Rednal »

Ditto to that. ^^

...Depending on how its played, using a certain data entity will probably be my choice... *Reminded of a single-page comic he saw once*
kwok
Astral Realm

Post by kwok »

Does anyone play Aquarian Age? Or Aquarian Age Alternative? (though that would probably be Japan-only still)
Setherzam
Void Mage

Post by Setherzam »

hmmm I've never even heard of them. I'll look at them later
cloyster
Astral Realm

Post by cloyster »

Is it just me... or...

B'cuz i've never heard any of the TCGs you guys mentioned.

The only one popular in my country are like, WoWTCG and Yu-Gi-Oh.
Beware the talking cat
Dot Mage

I would bet you a great deal of money that Magic the Gathering is popular in your country. It is still the number 1 TCG in the world.

Star Wars CCG, made by Decipher, was the second most popular for a long time. Then when it's license was up for renewal, Wizards of the Coast bought it from Lucas Arts in order to remove their biggest competitor. The Wizards of the Coast SWTCG is an Itsuki who only lasted a couple years before being canceled.

The Lord of the Rings TCG was relatively popular; never huge like Magic, but it was a solid game. It died after about three years. This was Decipher's own fault; they had power level issues from the beginning, and the attempts to correct them really hurt the player base. The tenth set(Shadows) was released about three years after the game started, and the game ended up dieing shortly after.

Star Wars by Decipher is still played competitively. It is managed by the SWCCG Player's Committee, and is still receiving new cards in the form of virtual cards. If you own a copy of the original card, just print out the virtual game-text box, and paste it on(rubber cement is a good idea for this, as it holds strongly and comes of easily). Unfortunately, the game seems to be dieing(after about five years of being out of print), partially to some power issues and slowchanging formats(because only a few dozen new cards are created each year), but mostly because of the lack of physical cards. A few sets are still plentiful(Jabba's Palace and Premiere are below $30 a box), but several of the most powerful sets were printed in limited quantities, and are very expensive and difficult to find(Coruscant is more than $200 dollars a box, while Death Star Two, Endor, Theed Palace, and Reflections two and three are over $120). Singles are also difficult to get a hold of(All Wings Report in&Darklighter Spin is one of the most annoying culprits; it costs at least 10$ per copy, and the deck that uses it has 5-7 copies. If you can find them. Emperor Palpetine, Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight, Mace Windu, and Boba Fett, Bounty Hunter are all from 30-50 dollars each, and also difficult to find.) Top decks range from 100 to 500 dollars, if the singles can be found.

I personally own a few hundred dollars of cards. The highlights include a Mace Windu(Coruscant Foil), Boba Fett, Bounty Hunter, 3x Luke Skywalker, Rebel Scout(1 Foil), 2x Scum and Villany(1 Foil), At least 1 copy of each defensive shield, 2x Yoda, Master of the Force, Lord Vader, and 2x Maul's Sith Infiltrator(Foil).
Administrator

Return to “Games & Computing”