New ban on eroge games.

This forum is for Games & Computing related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Rectifier
Astral Realm

Re: New ban on eroge games.

Post by Rectifier »

If she prove it/get the jury on her side, probably.

I like to refer to it as a pendulum, where society swings back and forth between extremes until it finally slows down until a middle ground.

Ex: There have been periods where homosexuality was persecuted and other periods where having a homosexual relationship was more honorable than a heterosexual one! I think (hope) that we are finally getting to some middle ground where it is an open playing field.
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by shichinanatsu »

that would imply a sort of civilization-wide moral oscillation, or did i get it wrong?

anyway, it looks like you think all the pro- and anti- groups will eventually tire from their crusades, until the whole of society finds the middle ground of least conflict. problem is, some people just can't bear the thought of there not being a 'winner' per se. not that moral issues can be considered as contests, but some people prefer to think in that sense.

perhaps humanity will see the end of these issues, maybe not in our lifetime, but it would be nice if it did - wishful thinking i know.. i was thinking of how many generations it took for the U.S. of A. to let go of slavery, and if we could learn lessons from them.
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

[070428] アメサラサ (amesarasa)
[090925] 夏ノ雨 (natsu no ame)
[120831] イモウトノカタチ (imouto no katachi)
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Post by Rectifier »

Oh don't worry, humans always find something else to bicker about. :mrgreen:
Fushichou
Koizumi Ranger
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Fushichou »

Bicker.
Beware the talking cat
Dot Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Beware the talking cat »

Eh, its a group of private companies. They have the right to agree to stop producing whatever they feel like.

This doesn't bother me anymore than Target's refusal to sell games rated AO. It's their business, so they can choose to not produce something if they don't want to.
Administrator
Archnemesis of the name changing guy.
Gloria~
Astral Realm

Post by Gloria~ »

Anyways, as for the whole moral thing, it comes to the battle between Socrates and the Sophists. Socrates said that all humans have some kind of definite moral, or the 'superego', if you want to go to psychology, that resides within us. The Sophists argued that 'moral' values change from generation to generation, from place to place. Seeing how this whole world is going, the Sophists are probably right.

Anyways, just to say, I'm a prude, so I'm definitely going against rape games, but even I think the whole thing might be too strict. Meh.

As for rape.. I don't think that it's a concensual act if the woman gets sexual pleasure from being raped- that's not really voluntary, but I do think that it's rape if someone forces it upon you in the first place, and even after the act is done, you don't approve of the action taken. By the way, do NOT take the US as an example for laws, it's screwed there. Really, really screwed.

Return to “Games & Computing”