Cross†Channel

This forum is for Games & Computing related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Cross†Channel

Post by b0mb3r »

Gunjo Gakuen (Deep Blue School) is a facility designed to gather and isolate those students who got a high score on an adaptation exam (Scoring high on this exam indicates that the student is less likely to be able to be adapted to the society) mandated by the government.

After a failed summer vacation with other members of the school's broadcasting club, Taichi Kurosu and some of the other club members return to the city, only to find that all living creatures within it except for the club members have completely vanished. In order to confirm the status of the outside world, Taichi decides to gather other club members to help Misato Miyasumi, the president of the broadcasting club, who is trying to set up a broadcasting antenna to contact any possible survivors.

Another all-nighter, another VN I just finished. what caught my eye on this game for two reasons.

1. it is written by the same author who did Yume Miru Kusuri, which i absolutely adore.

2. It gave birth to the famous flash game called nanaca crash! I haven't played it much but it was the number one flash game played in my 5 years of high school (besides Bubbles Troubles.)

People reacting to this game said it isn't for the casual gamer nor is it familiar with fluffy erotic VN men (and women) are expose to. It's not as dark and creepy as Saya no Uta or the level of craziness like the Higurashi series but it has its own share of mature themes. Also it starts slow but once you get yourself hours into it, its plot reveal themselves. Basically is about discovering each character's past are and why they act the way they do. It is a unique VN that requires you to get all the endings to get the true ending. Also the main character Taichi is so f*ckin pervert how he limits his own sexual harassment and how he rationalize them with his awesome reason makes me love his character very much. What i like beside the story is definitely the character development of the main.

A another VN that made me cried for its exploration of themes in human relationship. I feel a bit satisfied with YMK how each of the three girls end individually but this VN makes me sad and melodramatic as a whole. I would highly recommend it. Though me reviewing VN is lacking since this is my 8th VN i ever played and not enough eroges. I mostly tried to find the top notch VN with fine stories than for the sex scene.
Last edited by b0mb3r on Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

baka baka baka
Nerevarine
Astral Realm

Re: Cross†Channel

Post by Nerevarine »

i played this one as well and i recommend it as well.

this best thing about this game though is that FINALLY we have a main protagonist that actually has character, AND actual character development. I mean this guy initiates EVERYTHING, no more having some wimpy loser getting dragged around everywhere, Taichi does what he wants when he wants.

In fact, this VN is all about the main protagonist. while most VNs are about hooking up with a female protagonist, some situation comes up, and you try to help/solve the situation of the female protagonist, this game uses all of the female protagonists more as supporting characters to solve Taichi's problems.

i would suggest however that if you do play it,
in the first arc there is an option to hook up with president of the broadcasting club (this early in the game thats the only person you can), i would suggest NOT doing this. the first arc is suppose to be like a flashback arc, shifting between previous and present timelines, however the game dosnt really present this too well so if you hook up with Misato in the first arc it can get very confusing in later arcs.
b0mb3r wrote: 2. It is based on the famous flash game called nanaca crash! I haven't played it much but it was the number one flash game played in my 5 years of high school (besides Bubbles Troubles.)
are you sure this is right? i thought it was the other way around
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by ben1234 »

I believe Nanaca Crash was the developer's way of promoting the game

Either that or some fans really wanted to watch Nanaca run over the guy with her bike
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

b0mb3r wrote: 2. It gave birth to the famous flash game called nanaca crash! I haven't played it much but it was the number one flash game played in my 5 years of high school (besides Bubbles Troubles.)
Fixed, my bad.

baka baka baka
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

I've played this too... frankly, if you want my real opinion, I hated it. >_> I absolutely despised all the characters except Touko, Sakuraba, and at times Taichi, (when he wasn't being a a psychopathic rapist). Also, Kiri and Misato's mini-routes were terrible. Like, undeniably bad.

I do have to say, Taichi's development was fairly impressive, and the game really showed what you can do with visual novels as an art form... I think one reason I'm still bitter is because of Week 3, which was easily the worst thing I have ever seen and/or played, ever. I guess you could argue that the game making me feel strong emotion is a good thing, but not if the emotion is "wanting to find every copy of this game I can and burn it while praying to the gods to never create a monstrosity like this again." All that said, everything after Week 3 minus the mini-routes (which were better as a concept than in execution) was awesome.

I only reccommend this game if you're interested in the artistic value of visual novels. Otherwise, stay away, far, far away, and go play Ever17 or Chaos;Head, both of which have similar elements but are about ten times less painful to play through.
Setherzam
Void Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Setherzam »

this was translated? odd I thought it was still in japanese only

Return to “Games & Computing”