Too many direct download sites

This forum is for Games & Computing related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Beware the talking cat
Dot Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Too many direct download sites

Post by Beware the talking cat »

Does anyone else think we have too many rapidshares, megauploads, mediafires, etc etc etc's?

Not only does everyone tend to have there own personal preference, but the most prevalent one--Rapidshare--is also one of the most expensive and most restrictive(which makes zero sense to me), does not give rewards to uploaders, and is just all around not as good as most of the others.

It makes buying a premium account virtually impossible, as chances are, half the files you want aren't going to be on that site, and for several sites--Rapidshare, Depositfiles, Hotfile, among others--free downloads are slow, have long wait times, and or limited downloads over some duration.

Sigh.
Administrator
Archnemesis of the name changing guy.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Too many direct download sites

Post by b0mb3r »

i don't understand the complaints here. megaupload and mediafire are the best when i download anime and especially manga chapters. my issue is that i have to be careful of the spam mediafire has or else my computer crashes. though if your argument is to wish for more individual sites who translate their project to have their own download section without the hassle and the assistance of other sites, that i can agree upon. i do miss the days when i can just download a link and it will download without advertisement.

baka baka baka
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by ainsoph9 »

Meh. For the most part, I just do torrents or mIRC. Direct downloads are fine and all, but I just find them to be a pain to deal with sometimes because of the whole pay and password issues.
Nerevarine
Astral Realm

Post by Nerevarine »

i dont get the complaint either...

but as for my preference, i like megaupload, fast/ez can hold big files and less wait time

also, an awesome program i use is JDownloader http://jdownloader.org/download/index

using this program, you put in the website address of the file you want, and it bypass the little word check and dowload the files and you dont have to mess with it.

so you can effectively put in like 20 links, leave the computer on and go to sleep, and they will all be finished when you wake up.

it works with most DDL sites like megaupload and rapidshare.

Return to “Games & Computing”