E3 2009

This forum is for Games & Computing related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

E3 2009

Post by b0mb3r »

The year 2008 was shitty for me. Re-taking SATs, failing my road test, and mainly how inefficent my art skills has been. The moment of paradise i always look forward to when i was younger was E3. To me is the conventions of awesomeness of games annoucement and videos of booth babes. But recently they suck so hard it just adds the list of why year 2008 will and still be my worse year of my life.

But this. This year has brought the spark back. how?

Nintendo: You have improved drastically. instead of damn wii music or wii fit you have given us this:

New mario galaxy game. i beat the 1st one around 24 hours straight. sunshine is better in my opinon cause your a plumber and such.

Metroid: Other M. omg they finally turning the 3-D to is retro 2-D roots but with 3d graphics. also it is created by the same team that did ninja gaiden (though i heard the dude who found it left as well other main dudes to form something called the "tokyo vikings") basically is damn action pack.

though i am bit disappointed there is no new annoucemnt of zelda except that strange spirit tracks for the ds

Golden Sun: God knows how many times i played the first one and beaten it that i totally forgotten to finish the story for golden sun: lost age.

Kindgom Hearts DS: wow i kept on thinking if this was on N64 back then would it still be awesome? is because there wasn't an epic fighting system and aerodynamics back those days that it seem ridiculous to think of devil may cry on the n64. the ds on the other hand i guess technology changes and we work with the limitation.

Ubisoft:

Assissan Creed 2: i hated the repetitive chores that altair has to do that i never bother to beat the game but this is awesome. I love crusade period and the dark side of the Renaissance.

Splinter Cell Convinction: Sam fisher is back and he is pissed cause someone killed his daughter. he is so god damn ruthless with his enemy it shivers me timber.

Sony:

God of War. I played the second a bit but when draws me usually is the story. the reason why we don't have greek gods in the modern world and kratos last stand is epic.

ps. he is the guest character for Soul Cailbur game for psp. rocking. as much as i am a star wars fan wtf were they thinking putting yoda and vader in the game? advertisement?

Uncharted 2: Among the Thieves: again i played the first one and never got around it too much but watching alot of game footage so far. my god it is very fluid.

PSP- Go for 249? as cool as the new psp is where the f*ck is the second nub. i refuse to ever buy a psp (though final fantasy crisis core and the upcoming kingdom hearts game: birth by sleep is tempting) i will wait for the true psp2 where we can play beyond ps2 graphics and it will have at least a second nub please.

Bungie:

Reach: i beg to bungie that it will be based on the book: Fall of Reach. It is the best book i have ever read. I read it more times than all my family combined who have read harry potter. god please let this be right.

ODST: not really excited but again i love ODST. they are the swat team of the halo universe and the "firefight" really what interests me. i always want to play something like survival mode from
Left 4 Dead except hordes with covenants

Valve: Speaking of left for dead WTF ARE THEY THINKING?!

left 4 dead 2 is coming this fall. THIS FALL. i mean yes left 4 dead has establish itself to be a culture phenomena due not only its zombie hysteria but its increibles usage of co-op. I find that is still to fresh before we go into sunny day zombie fill new orleans with different verison of our favorite infected. (tanks looks like a hillbilly from the trailers)

Team Ico:

Well never played the ico game but i finally beaten the shadow of the colossus. it is lonely the game is and it perfects that (i won't even consider that damn horse to exist since its stupidity drives me insane). anyway i love the sheer unqieness that stands out from other games due to gameplay and its artistic directions towards inca and maya temples with a bit of greek.

With its next game The Last Guardian all i can think about is SotC on ps3 graphics. sweet.

Square-Enix:

I thankfully do not care enough about the final fantasy series except 7 and my years of laughter how you keep holding on XIII and piss the ps3 boys off by offering your game to xbots. still the new trailers i find it wicked despite terrible dubs

also it is releasing XIV. yes todays gen of Final Fantasy XI coming soon.

Kojima:

Oh kojima how you tourture me by forcing me to play mgs2 first as i am stuck with it and its storyline forcing me to refuse to play your current one. then you pull this bs on us with metal gear 5 starring raidien. though you redeem yourself by the sheer epicness of Metal Gear: Peace Walker. wow just wow.

Bioware: i don't know whether i should hate you or not.
I hate you for taking away the incomplete story of revan departure to the unknown regions to fight the true sith leaving us fans behind wondering WTF.
I should love you for the new cgi of the MMO that it makes me feel that i redeem myself from watching all those prequels by this short 3 mins awesomeness of star wars. believe me here is the clip:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-star-wars/49937

the last highlight of tonight is Lionhead Milo Project:

omg is an interaction with almost a true AI that responds to you. as much i love 3-D i will hope for this technology to allow for me to interact with anime girls.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09 ... milo/50016

There are so many highlights this year is hard to keep up but i will keep updates since tomorrow is my last day of collage.

baka baka baka
Dan
Square Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: E3 2009

Post by Dan »

L4D2 I'm looking foward to, mainly the new director AI. From what I've heard, it will completely blow away the current director's abilites - just yesterday, I was on a super lucky team with medkits everywhere and pills to OD a village of emo kids, conversely, the other teams had crap.

I don't really care for these gaming conventions though.
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

A little about Zelda, some concept art: http://www.kotaku.com.au/2009/06/first- ... ncept-art/
Okenido
Astral Realm

Post by Okenido »

Another year, a higher number for each title...
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

I'm still not going to care about any PSP game besides Tales of VS. and that Fate/Stay fighter

Took them way too long to make a new Golden sun

Assasin's Creed is going to take more hours of my life again...
Assassin
Yuki-Nagator

Post by Assassin »

b0mb3r wrote: the last highlight of tonight is Lionhead Milo Project:

omg is an interaction with almost a true AI that responds to you. as much i love 3-D i will hope for this technology to allow for me to interact with anime girls.

Y'know, you're not the only one who wants to have that kind of AI in something like 3D Custom Girls.

Then again I'm not into that sort of stuff but I know those who do. :mrgreen:

EDIT: yet again you might want to think of a better stuff to get yourself talking to anime girls other than that one in the GameTrailers.com video. :roll:
This is a place holder to God knows when this owner will change his signature, if he ever thinks of it.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

Assassin wrote:
b0mb3r wrote: the last highlight of tonight is Lionhead Milo Project:

Y'know, you're not the only one who wants to have that kind of AI in something like 3D Custom Girls.

Then again I'm not into that sort of stuff but I know those who do. :mrgreen:

EDIT: yet again you might want to think of a better stuff to get yourself talking to anime girls other than that one in the GameTrailers.com video. :roll:
well i am not gay or a lolicon if what you are stating. i am just waiting for the time when the eras of 3-d ai animes girls or chobits or both comes

baka baka baka

Return to “Games & Computing”