R-R-r-Revue?

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Umiman
Line Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

R-R-r-Revue?

Post by Umiman »

Seriously, this anime section needs more anime!!!

I'd like it if people would suggest or review anime they think are worth watching, it'll help lots when you've got the pang but don't know where to fulfill it.

Hrm...

I'm watching Black Lagoon season 2 right now. I still think the character personalities need work. And come on! There's a limit to using similies! Honestly, half the dialogue is about elaborating similies and the other half is just introducting similies! Argh!

Anyway, art is well done, and the action scenes are very good. Too bad the characters love to throw their personalities into the drain or this would have been a very good successor to Cowboy Bebop.
...Tg...g.g........... And Kol Ravensabbey cried,
..g...B...g........@.. "In Armok's name!!!!"
T...T..B..g........... And there was bloodshed.
Armanewb
Astral Realm

Post by Armanewb »

A hilarious side-project I watched sometime back was The Law of Ueki

Hilarious plot, with a character that at times was as dumb at dirt and at other surprisingly insightful. Made me think of it as a funny version of Bleach.
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by HolyCow »

One good one I know is Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, but some may find it too graphic. There's a really creepy feel to it, but that's just fine with me. I still remember the Onigiri in Episode 3 and the Torture Scene in Episode 18. That was just too disturbing.

Killer lolis FTW!
/me claws out throat and dies
Iznogoud
Astral Realm

Post by Iznogoud »

2006 : Higurashi, Honey & Clover II, Black Lagoon 2

currently watching Death Note, and Kanon (picture below, no spoilers) :
Spoiler! :
Uguu~ :P
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

Currently watching: Kanon, Death Note, Negima?! , Code GEASS, Pumpkin Scissors, Otome wa Boku Koishi~teiru.

Best of 2006 (IMO): SuzuHaru, Higurashi, Rozen Maiden Ouverture, Ouran High School Host Club
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

Could I get a link to the Kanon remake?
bicube
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by bicube »

Kanon remake is currently airing right now. Check baka-updates or animesuki, they should have it.
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

Kanon 2006 is being handled by KyoAni. The way they did episode 12 (the number 12, AGAIN. In case you're wondering, 12 = Live Alive = GENIUS) in Kanon is again stunning (There was a concert, now there is a dance).

Plot-wise, I still prefer AIR because of how fast the pace moves. The pace in Kanon is generally slower for the first few episodes, but once you get into the first main arc, everything starts picking up.
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

Awesome, I'll wait for it to be finished so the sub teams cna work on their details and whatnot before I clench my clammy pawlike hands around it's outer husk.

Watching The Third right now. It's fantastic. Basically set in a post-apocalyptic world where the Brotherhood of Steel (except they're called The Third) maintains total order, this young girl with fight styles that combine the corniest elements of Dragonball and Seven Samurai traverses the world taking on missions with her sidekick, a robot computer tank thing.

Sounds stupid and generic right? Well, I thought so too, till I actually watched it. It's got a boring intro that makes you go... ugh though, so it's kinda like SH in a way that the first episode is t3h w13rd.

Nevertheless, we've got a robot that narrates the story to us ala Kyon, and a love story between two Gods (not the robot). :wink: And ROBOTS!

Add those fantastic elements with an A-list cast of VA's and you've got Suzumiya Haruhi, set in the future.

Well... that's what I thought anyway. Check it out.
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

Currently Watching...

Death Note
Kanon (remake)
Negima?!
Code Geass
Blood+
Oto boku (haven't bothered to watch the last episode yet)
Bleach

Plus I have a list of 30ish animes that I'm going to watch when time is available xD
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

Blood + sucks so bad... It stars the most horrible set of protagonists since Inuyasha and a plot that only children could care about. I asked several people who watched it why they liked it, and they said: "Because Solomon is so cute!", "It's fun to see through the story of Saya and all her hardships", and "the greatest story ever!". Right... Next they'll be sprouting forth comments like "Harry Potter was the best movie ever made".

The scriptwriter doesn't have the proper grey matter to properly delve into the whole "vampire monsters with consience" genre. In fact, he should be castrated for even ruining the blood series as it is. They turned Saya from the asskicking vampire killing god that she is into a bubbling insecure pansy. Sacriledge!!!!

If you watch it, make sure nothing valuable is within arms reach because you'd be going, "ARGH! SHE'S SO STUPID!!!!!" while smashing the closest thing over... and over... and over... and over again.

Edit: Don't you think the auto-editing function is a little over the top mister administrators? Changing c-u-t-e to MOE is a little... well..
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

Yea, and so is changing G-O-D-D-E-S-S into Yuki :roll:

I didn't finish watching Blood+, I think I stopped around the Saya = Schoolgirl arc. A waste of time IMO

And didn't Blood+ end like 3 months ago? -.-

I'd like to download some stuff but unfortunately, my I-nternet refuses to function no thanks to Malaysia's stupid Broadband :roll:

I got so bored that I bought the entire set of Chobits DVD just to watch Chi say "Chiiiii~"

Chi FTW
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

Hehe... chi... chiii...

chiii?

Chiii.

It's like "dude". You can use it for everything.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

I'm not sure who learned faster. Chi or Mew. :?:
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

It's also like "Gao" and "Uguu~". You can use it in any context!

Watch the episode of Kanon where Ayu goes for a movie. You'll get what I mean by "different" Uguus~

I still prefer Gao lol

Gao!

Return to “Animes”