Unconfirmed Haruhi Suzumiya Anime Second Season

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Unconfirmed Haruhi Suzumiya Anime Second Season

Post by b0mb3r »

quigonkenny wrote:
Beware the talking cat wrote:Actually, I expect they had meant to run a second season but had to pull out at the last moment; it's too stupid a marketing move otherwise.
As opposed to the marketing brilliance they have shown up to this point... ^_^

Actually, a thought occurred to me that this might be a ruse. Kadokawa has them hype a rerelease of Haruhi (totally uncommon in Japan), with maybe a promise of an HDTV release, or added scenes, or something, just to get some people watching. And they position it to come out around the first of April. They make a point of blatantly ignoring the outcry regarding the second season, and when the first episode airs, we see the familiar low-bitrate 4:3 screen of the episode we expect, only when the title page hits the screen...

"The Revenge of Nagato Yuki Episode 00"

And we go on from there with a surprise second season.

Yeah, I know, it would be a stupid idea, what with the initial broadcaster losing out on all kinds of ratings, and the trouble of keeping it quiet for the next two months, and the fact that even the filming of the trailer for "TRoNYE00" doesn't take place until after what they're likely to be able to fit into even 26 episodes if they keep to an approximate chronology, but tell me it's not a better idea than what appears to be happening, and one hell of an April Fools joke to boot, should they pull it off. Trey and Matt would be proud...
\

this dude calls it. if you guys haven't heard the new season of haruhi is mix with the old season. epic win.

baka baka baka
Beware the talking cat
Dot Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Beware the talking cat »

...Except that's still just a rumor.

Though I really hope it's a true rumor.
Administrator
Archnemesis of the name changing guy.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/04/0 ... ith-rerun/ (Link NSFW)

there one evidence (or article or whatever)

Fixed for you-- Kaisos

baka baka baka
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

Beware the talking cat wrote:...Except that's still just a rumor.

It'd make sense, although I've heard various commenters yelling about a back-to-back broadcast of chronological and broadcast order.

That'd be a terrible idea though.

Well. we'll see for sure about the end of May, when BLR should air in chronological order.

Should be getting a new OP/ED eventually too, judging by other stuff I've heard.
b0mb3r wrote:http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/04/0 ... ith-rerun/

Tip 1: Sankaku should never be used as evidence of anything, since Artefact posts whatever the hell he feels like without caring about the truth.

Tip 2: Sankaku is a NSFW site and you should probably mention that whenever you link to it.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

Kaisos Erranon wrote:
Beware the talking cat wrote:...Except that's still just a rumor.

It'd make sense, although I've heard various commenters yelling about a back-to-back broadcast of chronological and broadcast order.

Well. we'll see for sure about the end of May, when BLR should air in chronological order.

Should be getting a new OP/ED eventually too, judging by other stuff I've heard.
b0mb3r wrote:http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/04/0 ... ith-rerun/

Tip 1: Sankaku should never be used as evidence of anything, since Artefact posts whatever the hell he feels like without caring about the truth.

Tip 2: Sankaku is a NSFW site and you should probably mention that whenever you link to it.
yeah sorry about the NSFW zone. but this brings up a question. is sankaku a blog site? cause to me is the only news site that updates manga and anime very fast. is there a constant news site about anime and manga that updates fast? and the reason i first learn of it since janurary since people here uses it alot during random internet find so i expected everyone to know.

baka baka baka
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

b0mb3r wrote: yeah sorry about the NSFW zone. but this brings up a question. is sankaku a blog site? cause to me is the only news site that updates manga and anime very fast. is there a constant news site about anime and manga that updates fast? and the reason i first learn of it since janurary since people here uses it alot during random internet find so i expected everyone to know.
Still have to put a disclaimer. In case.

And I don't know what the balls you'd call Sankaku. Uh. "Random Mostly NSFW News Site"?

Take everything you read on there with a grain of salt anyway.
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

a trick to all this.. fight whatever above-average expectations you have. if KyoAni inadvertently murders Haruhi, you could say you never expected gold to begin with. if, however, this second season turns out to be more of an epic stunt than the first, then you could say it beat your expectations.

in the meantime, i'll keep my fingers crossed. btw, any news on who's taking up the subbing project? SS-Eclipse would do great, not that i have anything against a.f.k.'s way of doing things.
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

[070428] アメサラサ (amesarasa)
[090925] 夏ノ雨 (natsu no ame)
[120831] イモウトノカタチ (imouto no katachi)
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

b0mb3r wrote:
Kaisos Erranon wrote: It'd make sense, although I've heard various commenters yelling about a back-to-back broadcast of chronological and broadcast order.

yeah sorry about the NSFW zone. but this brings up a question. is sankaku a blog site? cause to me is the only news site that updates manga and anime very fast. is there a constant news site about anime and manga that updates fast? and the reason i first learn of it since janurary since people here uses it alot during random internet find so i expected everyone to know.
Both Anime News Network and animenfo.com are pretty good about updates for anime news.
Beware the talking cat
Dot Mage

shichinanatsu wrote:a trick to all this.. fight whatever above-average expectations you have. if KyoAni inadvertently murders Haruhi, you could say you never expected gold to begin with. if, however, this second season turns out to be more of an epic stunt than the first, then you could say it beat your expectations.

in the meantime, i'll keep my fingers crossed. btw, any news on who's taking up the subbing project? SS-Eclipse would do great, not that i have anything against a.f.k.'s way of doing things.
I expect Eclipse will be subbing this(with or without), and TheWaffleHouse,Sprocket&Aquastar will likely work together on haruhi as well.

Take your bets on afk, but they've been rather inconsistent lately.
Administrator
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

shichinanatsu wrote:a trick to all this.. fight whatever above-average expectations you have. if KyoAni inadvertently murders Haruhi, you could say you never expected gold to begin with. if, however, this second season turns out to be more of an epic stunt than the first, then you could say it beat your expectations.
See. The novels are gold anyway. If they stick to them. Automatic gold.
shichinanatsu wrote: in the meantime, i'll keep my fingers crossed. btw, any news on who's taking up the subbing project? SS-Eclipse would do great, not that i have anything against a.f.k.'s way of doing things.
See, the problem is that no one is going to want to sub a 3 years old, half-licensed show.
Beware the talking cat wrote: I expect Eclipse will be subbing this(with or without), and TheWaffleHouse,Sprocket&Aquastar will likely work together on haruhi as well.

Take your bets on afk, but they've been rather inconsistent lately.
afk still does subs? I'm confused.

Again, I don't see subs for this unless B-T or the group I'm trying to organize (Kyonko Fansubs) does it... and again, raws.
Beware the talking cat
Dot Mage

Oh, you mean subbing the rerelease.

You're right, I can't see anyone subbing it.

I thought you meant season 2.

As for afk, are they not doing fansubs anymore? It's not surprising, but I hadn't heard this.
Administrator
quigonkenny
Temporal Time Variant Entity

Post by quigonkenny »

b0mb3r wrote:
quigonkenny wrote: As opposed to the marketing brilliance they have shown up to this point... ^_^

Actually, a thought occurred to me that this might be a ruse. Kadokawa has them hype a rerelease of Haruhi (totally uncommon in Japan), with maybe a promise of an HDTV release, or added scenes, or something, just to get some people watching. And they position it to come out around the first of April. They make a point of blatantly ignoring the outcry regarding the second season, and when the first episode airs, we see the familiar low-bitrate 4:3 screen of the episode we expect, only when the title page hits the screen...

"The Revenge of Nagato Yuki Episode 00"

And we go on from there with a surprise second season.

Yeah, I know, it would be a stupid idea, what with the initial broadcaster losing out on all kinds of ratings, and the trouble of keeping it quiet for the next two months, and the fact that even the filming of the trailer for "TRoNYE00" doesn't take place until after what they're likely to be able to fit into even 26 episodes if they keep to an approximate chronology, but tell me it's not a better idea than what appears to be happening, and one hell of an April Fools joke to boot, should they pull it off. Trey and Matt would be proud...
\

this dude calls it. if you guys haven't heard the new season of haruhi is mix with the old season. epic win.
Thanks, but I wouldn't quite say I "called it". I was suggesting that instead of S1, we get an unannounced S2. Instead it appears that we're getting an unannounced S2 as well as S1, either mixed in with S1 or afterwards.

If the "28 episode" story from the TV stations is true, of course.

As much as I think it would be awesome to get a truly chronological showing of S2 and S1, I have my reservations that that is what we're getting. As I suggested over on Animesuki, it makes piss poor business sense to YouTube such a lucrative brand new show, and while they could always just not YouTube the S2 episodes, I think it more likely that we'll be seeing all S1 until week 15, when the YouTube updates will, for lack of a better term, disappear...

Of course, we are being treated to the true chronological first episode (Asahina Mikuru no Bouken Episode 00 would actually chronologically be right before Live Alive), and Kadokawa hasn't exactly shown the most intelligent of business sense lately when it comes to the Haruhi franchise, so I guess we'll see come May 21 (week 8)...
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

how many of us wish it continued to be "unconfirmed" after endless eight?

baka baka baka
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Kind of like the light novel itself?
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

ainsoph9 wrote:Kind of like the light novel itself?
I'm asking whether we regret season 2 being made.

baka baka baka

Return to “Animes”