Elfen Lied

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

All I can remember is they were pit against each other and had to fight to the death with completely random things for weapons. Must watch again. 8)
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

Umiman wrote:MMmmmm... Shawn of the Dead is another good movie. Don't know whether it's considered grim, dark, or horror. It's still great though.
It's comedy. Seriously, it's comedy with zombies.
Symphonia wrote:I remember there being a lot more rape than in the movie rather than just gore, I never finished reading it though. Tokyopop licensed it but made a lot of changes from the original I think, like saying that they were put on the island for a reality TV show. :P
I think there actually two Battle Royale movies. The one I saw was all gore, there wasn't any sex in the movie.
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

The 2nd movie sucked so badly it made George Bush look like a saint.

The first one was good though :)

@Dan: Shh! Don't tell him it's comedy! Just let him watch it!
Stratosphere
Astral Realm

Post by Stratosphere »

Elfen Lied really isn't meant for the queasy. If you can get be the first episode then you shouldn't have any problems watching the rest of the anime. It's fairly deep and deals mainly with human nature, though there are traces of sci-fi. It's probably one of the most mature anime that you can find.

Blood/gore never bothers me in anime, no matter how gruesome it gets. If it were real, then I would be disturbed.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Gantz made me queasier than Elfen Lied honestly. I enjoyed both though. They are definitely more mature but a regular anime/manga fan could handle them.

Return to “Animes”