what's up with sos-dan site?

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

BaKaFiSh
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BaKaFiSh »

We don't need to.

Only the anime has been licensed as of right now...^__^

So, I'll continue!
Haiyami
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Haiyami »

*claps for bakafish*

You are a good man charlie brown!
LitaKat
Astral Realm

Post by LitaKat »

Do you really think the novels would get licenced? Seems to me that there wouldn't be a market for it in america - the land of the 10-second attention span - where anime *has* to be dubbed, lest it not be marketable. ("subtitles? that's too much reading!" - typical excuse) :P

Sorry for my america-bashing, I'm just one of those americans living outside of america that sees the effects of the loudest americans giving the rest of us a bad name. :wink:
Smidge204
Astral Realm

Post by Smidge204 »

I usually prefer subs because the voice acting adds a lot to the experience - it's not just what they say but how they say it.

However, the downside is that while you're busy reading the subtitles you can't be watching the action, and sometimes it is hard to keep up. For the most part I don't mind dubs if it's an option (unless the dub is REALLY bad)
=Smidge=
Umiman
Line Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Umiman »

LitaKat wrote:Do you really think the novels would get licenced? Seems to me that there wouldn't be a market for it in america - the land of the 10-second attention span - where anime *has* to be dubbed, lest it not be marketable. ("subtitles? that's too much reading!" - typical excuse) :P

Sorry for my america-bashing, I'm just one of those americans living outside of america that sees the effects of the loudest americans giving the rest of us a bad name. :wink:
I think it will be, eventually. Even if it's just an unused license, they'd probably want to keep a few cards in their hands.

Or maybe not. Perhaps.
...Tg...g.g........... And Kol Ravensabbey cried,
..g...B...g........@.. "In Armok's name!!!!"
T...T..B..g........... And there was bloodshed.
typhonsentra
Astral Realm

Post by typhonsentra »

Of course they'll distribute the books, but not before the anime covers the same portion of the story. It's just more marketable, it'll most likely be treated as a secondary project to the anime over here, assuming Bandai controls all localization of every form of Haruhi media.
O_o
Astral Realm

Post by O_o »

The novels will definitely be released. There are already quite a few anime-related novels on the market. Love Hina, Naruto, and FMA all have them. And Seven Seas is working on bringing six original titles over.
Dan
Square Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Dan »

Naruto has novels? Weird!

Return to “Animes”