What have you been up to?

All non Baka-Tsuki related topics

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

typhonsentra
Astral Realm

What have you been up to?

Post by typhonsentra »

It’s been quiet here the past few days so I thought we could all talk about what’s going on in each of our lives now that vacation has either ended for you, or soon will. I just started school again yesterday after taking a semester off. It was a huge pain in the ass though, had to get a new ID and parking permit, both of which took a lot of time standing in line and filling out paperwork. No homework though which was nice, just orientation.

Edit: And I just realized I posted this on the wrong board. :roll:
Umiman
Line Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Umiman »

Uni started today. (That's 'college' if you're so inclined to call it that, it's ironic how post-secondary institutions can't seem to agree on titles.)

The post Christmas / Boxing week was spent trying to readjust my body to it's normal timeline, hence the "I sleep once every two days.". Fair warning to all whom are interested in sleeping at 9am; do so at your own risk. It's incredibly hard to revert back to normal sleeping operations without the help of drugs or caffeine. (Reliance on drugs and caffeine to solve sleeping problems is a sign of nyan-nyan)
...Tg...g.g........... And Kol Ravensabbey cried,
..g...B...g........@.. "In Armok's name!!!!"
T...T..B..g........... And there was bloodshed.
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

School has started for me today. To me, it feels like I never even had a vacation, no problems readjusting whatsoever.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Homework consists of taking game footage and adding our own music and sound effects. I'm doing the E3 demo of Halo 2.
Stratosphere
Astral Realm

Post by Stratosphere »

GeoW and LoZ:TP.
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by HolyCow »

Holidays never really ended for me since I'm waiting for my SPM results to apply for college ^^

Currently applying for a job as a freelance writer for a local paper (the anime section), wroking part-time at a show that sells (ORIGINAL!) DVDs, taking driving lessons, learning some basic japanese, and cursing the country's stupid National Service program.

I sleep at around 4 or 5 am here and wake up at about 12 noon -.-

I seriously need a life :roll:
/me claws out throat and dies
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

Driving lessons? At what age is common for you guys in Malaysia (forgive me if I named the wrong nation) to obtain your license? o_O

What's with your nation's service problem anyways? Are you required to volunteer a certain amount of hours or something?
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

Minimal age to obtain a driver's license: 17

Which is my age actually ;P

National Service is some hair brained scheme some half a$$sed Prime Minister came up with. It selects teens aged 17 at random to throw them in some stupid training camp for 3 months. Now if it were well organized I wouldn't have minded that much, but the problem is it just bloody sucks. Not going to elaborate further, getting kinda pissed off just talking about it.
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

HolyCow wrote:Minimal age to obtain a driver's license: 17

Which is my age actually ;P

National Service is some hair brained scheme some half a$$sed Prime Minister came up with. It selects teens aged 17 at random to throw them in some stupid training camp for 3 months. Now if it were well organized I wouldn't have minded that much, but the problem is it just bloody sucks. Not going to elaborate further, getting kinda pissed off just talking about it.
@Guest lol: How old must you be to apply where you are?

@HolyCow: Haha, you're going to write for that half-baked anime section? I can still remember reading all the nonsense they tried to pass off as reviews. Though I did get the information that Honey & Clover 2 was released from them...
Last edited by Umiman on Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
ise
Astral Realm

Post by ise »

HolyCow wrote:Currently applying for a job as a freelance writer for a local paper (the anime section)
Hmm? Which paper? NST?

I haven't read much papers these days >_>
(I'm going back to Perak tonight as college has started once again...)
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

Every Sunday, there's a section called OtakuZone in The Star. I'm applying for post of freelance writer there...
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

16 years old for the learners permit.
18 minimum for the actual license.

What's the minimum in Alberta? 14 or 15 for your learners last time I heard isn't it?
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

Guest lol wrote:16 years old for the learners permit.
18 minimum for the actual license.

What's the minimum in Alberta? 14 or 15 for your learners last time I heard isn't it?
I'm Malaysian...

:(

I think it's 15 in Alberta. Not too sure, but it's partially because there's so many farms around here and the children have to help out as early as possible.

p.s: I have a driver's and motorcycle license which I obtained during my SPM in Malaysia 2 years ago. The driver's license was easy to get, motorcycle had to pay...
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

You have to pay the bribe or those F***ing Assghats won't even consider letting you pass...

Stupid "duit kopi"...

P/S: Where's Alberta? The last time I heard it was a town in Ragnarok Online O.o
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

I'm clueless as to where you guys are talking about. I'm from the US...

Return to “Commune”