10代の方 ; 20代の方 意味?

All non Baka-Tsuki related topics

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Krikit
Mikuru Bunny
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

10代の方 ; 20代の方 意味?

Post by Krikit »

I came across this on one of the reviews in Japanese of a light novel, where it was ranked very low because it was hard to read. In the review about it's difficult reading level, 10代の方 was mentioned, but I have no idea what this means. The best I can come up with is "Someone from the Tenth Generation" or "Someone from the Twentieth Generation" (I don't think it's 'Century' because the kanji for that aren't used, 世紀)

10代の方が書いたということで気になり読みました。
 読んだ感想としましては、

地の文が読みにくい。

That was what was said among some other things.

What does this mean? Does it mean the japanese used is completely different words? that you won't know unless you've studied them? Like:

you - thou/thee/thy
does - doth

ex: thine heart doth sing of magick.

is that what it's like? (For the record, this is a light novel series called: Galacta Parts, serialized under the label: Super Dash Bunko, the same label that publishes the rather famous "Dragon Crisis!"
joay_b
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: 10代の方 ; 20代の方 意味?

Post by joay_b »

From what I understand: "I'm noticing that I am reading (a story?) someone from the 10th period would write. My impressions after reading the narration is that it's hard to read."

Whoever the author is, he/she must be reading a lot of Japanese classical literature (probably Edo-period literature), where not only the grammatical structure and particle used are different, it's using kanji that would be considered archaic even among the Japanese. And that's only the beginning ...
まず隗より始めよ。
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: 10代の方 ; 20代の方 意味?

Post by Krikit »

lol...O_o

That was a review for this book:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%82%AC%E3%83 ... 790&sr=8-1

It's a book just sitting in Shosen Book tower next to titles such as Spice and Wolf, Haruka, Dragon Crisis!, etc etc. It's a label just like Dengeki Bunko, it just seems the author wrote it in an archaic form of Japanese, lol.

Return to “Commune”