Toradora! (Greek)

For all None English discussion relating to any of our Novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Note to Users of this forum, that you may speak English or any other language here.

Want to start an Alternative Language project here? Read This: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1822
eirini_kl
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Toradora! in Greek

Post by eirini_kl »

OK, I'll leave it as it is.
eirini_kl
Project Translator

Post by eirini_kl »

I'm well into chapter 2 now, and although this is premature I want to ask a question: In Translation notes and references do I have to translate the English version or can I write my own notes? I'm asking this because I slightly modified the style of the English translation (e.g. in the English version the characters often speak to one another in the third person, but that sounds kind of ridiculous in Greek, so I changed it to first person) and I would like to explain them to the Greek readers.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Why not doing both, if you think its needed for the context?
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
eirini_kl
Project Translator

Vol 1, chapter 2 finished!

Post by eirini_kl »

Finally...vol.1, chapter 2 over and done with! :mrgreen: Damn but this is hard! I do like it though...I'm going to start working on chapter 3 as soon as possible. I wanted to ask, is it too much of a problem that my translations greatly exceed 32 kb? It can't be helped, Greek usually has longer words than English. This last chapter was nearly 100kb long. If this is a problem, tell me what I should do about it.

On another note, I'm really glad that vol. 5 is almost complete. At this rate, the novel should be completed soon. I've already watched the anime, but I want to read it as well!
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Space shouldnt be a problem (as long as it is complete translated ;)) and maybe you should write the last part also there: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=2455&start=105 because I think otherwise will not many read this here in the special pages for the alternate language projects... ;)

Darklor

eirini_kl
Project Translator

Post by eirini_kl »

Took me some time, but I finally finished chapter 3 and started chapter 4. I've been meaning to ask, how do you calculate the progress of a chapter (you know, the percentages that are put on the main page, e.g. chapter 1 34% ) Up till now I try to calculate it approximately based on the side bar, but I was wondering if there is a more specific method.
Const2k
Senior Project Editor

Post by Const2k »

eirini_kl wrote:I've been meaning to ask, how do you calculate the progress of a chapter (you know, the percentages that are put on the main page, e.g. chapter 1 34% ) Up till now I try to calculate it approximately based on the side bar, but I was wondering if there is a more specific method.
Well, if you want to know exact percentage, I suggest you save text of a complete untranslated chapter as one .txt file and untranslated text of what you have already translated to another .txt file. Then divide smaller file's size by larger one and multiply result by 100 to get exact percentage of your progress. For example, if untranslated chapter occupies 54321 bytes and part of it that you've translated (not your translation!) occupies 12345 bytes, you're at 12345/54321*100 = 0,22726*100 = 22.73%
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

I ve made through Word or any other textprogram which have a pagecount (and a percentcalculator, because I am to lazy to calculate it myself ;)) - How many pages are translated of how many pages (ca.)

Darklor

eirini_kl
Project Translator

Post by eirini_kl »

Finished chapter 4...takes me longer now because I have significantly less free time than before, but I'm going to see it through all right.
eirini_kl
Project Translator

Post by eirini_kl »

Volume 1 is now complete!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: I made my own translator's notes, so as to clarify a few concepts Greek readers are not familiar with. As soon as time permits, I'll start working on Volume 2. Thank you for your help so far!!
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Nice! Keep up the good work. 8)
eirini_kl
Project Translator

Illustrations

Post by eirini_kl »

I know this is really stupid of me, but I only just noticed that I had forgotten that I had to translate the Novel Illustrations page as well. Fortunately, const2k uploaded the illustrations and even did a partial translation (I'm curious, how did you manage the translation? do you know any greek by any chance, const2k?) . Anyway, I completed the translation on the novel illustrations page in Tome 1 and made the novel illustrations page for tome 2 while I was at it. Thanks a lot for the assistance everyone, I hope you'll always be there to make up for my shortcomings!!!
eirini_kl
Project Translator

Post by eirini_kl »

Long time no see...what with work and my Phd I only managed to finish chapters 1 &2 of vol.2 just now...hope I'll make more progress from now on...
SHot-OS
Astral Realm

Post by SHot-OS »

I just wanted to thank you for your hard work eirini! I couldnt belive that there is going to be a translation for toradora in my language!!! :) keep up the good work!
eirini_kl
Project Translator

Post by eirini_kl »

Good to see that my translation is being read...Sorry I was kind of slow lately, but what with work and everything it's not easy to find time...However, I've finished chapters 1-4 of tome 2 and just got started on chapter 5. I hope I can finish the rest of the tome soon.

Return to “Alternative Language Forum”