Suzumiya Haruhi (Polish)

For all None English discussion relating to any of our Novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Note to Users of this forum, that you may speak English or any other language here.

Want to start an Alternative Language project here? Read This: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1822
Vibeke
Astral Realm

Suzumiya Haruhi (Polish)

Post by Vibeke »

Hello to you all~! Some of you may remember me from Anime-Suki Forums :mrgreen:
Anyway I'm here to ask for permission (?) for translating Suzumiya Haruhi novels from English to Polish. And first of all I must ask: how can I create a page for this project? (I'm new to this wiki-styled page ^^') Any help will be appreciated!

I already started translating the prologue, but of course more editors and translators (Polish of course) are welcomed 8) I also plan to advertise this project on some Polish anime/manga forums, so maybe some day it will be as popular as the English project xD
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Polish SHnY translation

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

So this is one of the phantom translators. Welcome. 8)
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Vibeke wrote:Hello to you all~! Some of you may remember me from Anime-Suki Forums :mrgreen:
Anyway I'm here to ask for permission (?) for translating Suzumiya Haruhi novels from English to Polish. And first of all I must ask: how can I create a page for this project? (I'm new to this wiki-styled page ^^') Any help will be appreciated!

I already started translating the prologue, but of course more editors and translators (Polish of course) are welcomed 8) I also plan to advertise this project on some Polish anime/manga forums, so maybe some day it will be as popular as the English project xD
Hello vibeke,

Well to start a polish translation of SHnY, I presume you are the one who is going to translate this?

if that is true, that i just need you to make a concessions, that all new translators must promise to translated at leased ONE CHAPTER.

If you have any doubts to this commitment, please reconsider and think of the readers.

So think it over, and please p.m. me with your answer.

best regards,

oni
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Vibeke
Astral Realm

Post by Vibeke »

Ok, Oni you have my PM :mrgreen:

Now I'm off to gather some people to help ^^
Cain
Astral Realm

Post by Cain »

Hi
A couple weeks ago I started translate SHnY. I put my translation on http://www.haruhism.glt.pl I translated prologue and 40% of first chapter so if You wanted to put it on Baka-Tsuki site project I'd agree.

Vibeke, could You contact with me by e-mail: [removed for safety] or GG 4243269? I would help You to complete translation of this awesome novel.

I haven't experience with Wikia system, so I can't put it here.

Greetings
Last edited by Cain on Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Cain wrote:Hi
A coule weeks ago I started translate SHnY. I put my translation on http://www.harugism.glt.pl I translated prologue and 40% of first chapter so if You wanted to put it on Baka-Tsuki site project I'd agree.

Vibeke, could You contact with me by e-mail or GG 4243269? I would help You to complete translation of this awesome novel.

I haven't experience with Wikia system, so I can't put it here.

Greetings
dear Cain, thanks for your wonderful offer, we would certainly be delighted to be able to host your polish translations of SHnY on our Wiki.

But please don't post your email address like that, you'll end up with a lot of spam, so i will remove it, please use the private message system we have here, it's much safer.

:)
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Vibeke
Astral Realm

Post by Vibeke »

Thanks Cain, you have my PM. I look forward to working with you ^^
mareviq
Astral Realm

Post by mareviq »

Now this is a surprise, I didn't know there was a baka-tsuki forum. I only found out thanks to the fact that the wiki is down. I'm the guy translating vol.4 of SHnY to Polish. Did the prologue some time ago, now working on chapter 1.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Welcome to the forum bro. 8)
mareviq
Astral Realm

Post by mareviq »

A bit of a status update:
It seems that most of the translators are M.I.A. with no updates for about half a year (I've only managed to contact one of them, and he confirmed that he's no longer interested), and thus I've "promoted" them to this newly-created status. If anyone from the translation team (Vibeke, Pherael, whoever) reads this and wants to prove me wrong feel free to do so by updating your tranlsations :)
On the plus side, there is a new recruit on the team (Kamkaw), who's so far eager to continue work abandoned by others.
As for me, I have some material translated that I haven't yet commited. I'll do it later, as it involves writing quite a lot of notes and references (I like them to quite extensive) and curently I don't have the time to do it (RealLife (tm)).
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

thanks for the update!

glad to hear there is still interest in this project.

:)

@Onizukademongto

Return to “Alternative Language Forum”