Volume 11, Chapter 7

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Darknemo2000
Senior Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Volume 11, Chapter 7

Post by Darknemo2000 »

Started translating it. 43% Done.

And so we have one of the major (bastardy) characters introduced to us that will have a big influence to the story in the future.
RonnieCorny
Senior Project Editor

Re: Volume 11, Chapter 7

Post by RonnieCorny »

wow! thanks Nemo!

yeah, one of the worse personalities.... but let's not spoil things... :-) maybe some people may be fans of this person...

- ron
Faktek
Kyonist

Post by Faktek »

Ugly person, but THANK YOU DARKNEMO xD
http://mangafeed.net/ One place to track them all
Zero96x
Astral Realm

Post by Zero96x »

thanks Nemo !!!!!!! ur realy doing a great job and a high speed, i just ended reading the chap 6 and found 43% of the next one, thanks for your job!!
RabidRabbit
Astral Realm

Post by RabidRabbit »

Thanks again!

I believe "エイジス (eijisu)" would be better translated as "Aegis." It's the shield of Zeus in mythology, and generally taken to be some sort of defender in popular fiction.

"Serevare" doesn't turn up any Google search results as an Italian name. Maybe someone else can figure out the proper translation for "セレヴァレイ (serevarei)."

Pope Vittorio Serevare(?) St. Aegis the 32nd, the "Founder's Shield."
chrnno
Line Mage

Post by chrnno »

I think things will get agitated soon again....

Thanks for translating darknemo.
Can I say something about destiny? Screw destiny! If this evil thing comes we'll fight it, and we'll keep fighting it until we whoop it. 'Cause destiny is just another word for inevitable and nothing's inevitable as long as you stand up, look it in the eye, and say 'You're evitable!'
Ania
Astral Realm

Post by Ania »

thanks for the translation darknemo!!!
i cant wait for the rest of the chapter...i wonder who's that `bastardy' u talking about....
i guess i'll have to wait for the rest of the story!
Dracain
Astral Realm

Post by Dracain »

Thanks very much, that was so insanely fast I can hardly believe it!
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Isnt servare Latin for serve?
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Darknemo2000
Senior Project Editor

Post by Darknemo2000 »

Let it be St. Aegis the 32nd then.

Finished the chapter.

Well now I can see why Saito and Henrietta could match - they are both retarded.

I mean come on.

This pope looks like another Adolf Hitler in the making... The dude basically reads Hitlers 'Mein Kampf' to us, with the idealogical fight against the grand, common evil (Jews in there, in here elves)...And she is charmed. CHARMED.

Brainwashed idiot queen. No wait, she cannot be brainwashed, because for that you need to have brains and now I am starting to doubt if this dumb cow has such organ at all.
Ephyon
Astral Realm

Post by Ephyon »

It's a medieval society, the elves aren't Jews, they are muslims, and back during that time any european king or queen would have jumped on the bandwagon the second anybody from the Vatican yelled "CRUSAAAAAAAAADE!".
Darknemo2000
Senior Project Editor

Post by Darknemo2000 »

I know about muslims. I am talking about common evil idea and this comes from Hitlers "Mein Kampf'.

And kings running at the crusade is not true. They only went on crusades when they needed more territory or when there were too much of landless nobles that you needed to get rid off. The fight was hardly idealogical one you know.
Bob thy dead
Astral Realm

Post by Bob thy dead »

Thanks for another great chapter Dark. :)
chrnno
Line Mage

Post by chrnno »

I agree darknemo... I am now completely for Saito and Henrietta. They just match each other so well...

At least Agnes seems to have noticed something about this pope.
Can I say something about destiny? Screw destiny! If this evil thing comes we'll fight it, and we'll keep fighting it until we whoop it. 'Cause destiny is just another word for inevitable and nothing's inevitable as long as you stand up, look it in the eye, and say 'You're evitable!'
Darknemo2000
Senior Project Editor

Post by Darknemo2000 »

One more thing Ephyon, if you think that the Popes resided just in Vatican during middle ages, then you need to seriously renew your history knowledge.

While Popes residence changed depending on the times but Avignon papacy was certainly powerful one.

And it certainly wasn't like screaming 'Crusade' and everyone went running there. Kings were not stupid.

But they worked with church - church just like kings needed lands and richies so the crusades happened. Also it was good way to get rid of poor, landless nobles that could cause a lot of insecurities within the countries.

Idealogical role was actually very small compared to those.

Chruch got their part, Kings theirs - church got taxes, kings got lands and they could rid of some idiotic poorer nobles.

Some nobles did indeed believed in that all god crap, but they were minority - majority went to get money, rape, and some land (either become lord in pagan lands or get reward from the king in homeland). Also it was good way to earn tittles.

And you could kill and rape without any consequences - after all they were pagans. If you rape a pagan its not a rape, if you kill a pagan its not really a kill. Besides clergy guaranteed a release from sins anyway.

Yes not noble people believed in the religion, but actual nobles - most of them were not that stupid.

So when you make it sound so idealogical it is funny because while ideology existed in crusade it was not one of the major reasons for the crusades to begin with.

Return to “Zero no Tsukaima”