Volume 12, Chap 7

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Darknemo2000
Senior Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Volume 12, Chap 7

Post by Darknemo2000 »

How Twain said 'The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated'. Well, itis kind of weird story. You see I was planning to translating ZnT ch 5 but had barely started when I got message from another user who wanted the raws and give a shot to that exact chapter. So I just let him do it while putting my translation on hold (I was planning to just edit his translators so he can put them on site), for a good month he was saying he was about done while I was waiting to put it back on, but that didn't turn out the case eventually, which was bit disappointing and frustrating.

During that time, I got involved in other translations projects and was helping my friend to write few books (one as an editor and another as an co-author) and kind of still am sucked into this busy-busy life...

Are anyone translating that damn ch 5 now? I see someone placed 8% of it (just the amount I was done way time back) so I wonder how recent that translation is... I might start helping translating here and there again though I make no promises.
Darknemo2000
Senior Project Editor

Post by Darknemo2000 »

Also I am bit unhappy about the current 8% that are translated of the ch5 so far because I find them to be off. I do not know what Raws that person was using but it seems like there are some parts of duologue (Siesta does not talk to Saito in that bit) that should not be here according to the raws I have. I do not know if its the matter of mistranslation or wrong raws but certainly some parts seem to be off...
touya13
Astral Realm

Post by touya13 »

actually, my first intention was to do that vol...but seeing vol13 on its last chapter.i was captivated by it so waning to do 14 first and then that chapter and then 13 if no one's doing it...
Darknemo2000
Senior Project Editor

Post by Darknemo2000 »

OK then even though it may be taken by someone I will replace it with the translation of my own because I think the current translation is off.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

It wasnt done by Kazesenken? because this name is registered somewhat for this chapter...
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Darknemo2000
Senior Project Editor

Post by Darknemo2000 »

Don't know by whom it was done, just know that the meaning was messed up thats why I replaced with my translation.
Wolfpup
Senior Project Editor

Post by Wolfpup »

Darknemo2000 wrote:How Twain said 'The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated'. Well, itis kind of weird story. You see I was planning to translating ZnT ch 5 but had barely started when I got message from another user who wanted the raws and give a shot to that exact chapter. So I just let him do it while putting my translation on hold (I was planning to just edit his translators so he can put them on site), for a good month he was saying he was about done while I was waiting to put it back on, but that didn't turn out the case eventually, which was bit disappointing and frustrating.

During that time, I got involved in other translations projects and was helping my friend to write few books (one as an editor and another as an co-author) and kind of still am sucked into this busy-busy life...

Are anyone translating that damn ch 5 now? I see someone placed 8% of it (just the amount I was done way time back) so I wonder how recent that translation is... I might start helping translating here and there again though I make no promises.
Welcome back.
Always on the hunt for good Anime and their associated Light Novels, Manga. :)
NeoStorm555
Astral Realm

Post by NeoStorm555 »

I agree, welcome back aswell. But if you're talking about chapter 5 of ZnT though ._. it's been complete for ages. Then again, there could always be mistakes. Otherwise, ignore that last comment. I would also like to help out with this someday, however I still have a ways to go before I'm actually ready to translate for novels (ironically, I plan to become a J-E translator when I'm done with college). Overall, I wish you luck darknemo500 on your projects and wish me luck on my japanese studying..things ^^;
touya13
Astral Realm

Post by touya13 »

good luck on both of you^^

neo, good luck on your japanese...but just to give you some tips, its better to talk with native japanese people so that you get the hang of the 'phrase'...
NeoStorm555
Astral Realm

Post by NeoStorm555 »

Yeah, like I haven't known that already XD. But even so, there's two problems: 1. I live in a town where Japanese is uncommon. And 2. Even though I do plan on going to Japan someday, I realized I have no passport yet ._. Anywho, thanks for the advice touya13. Oh, and I don't mean to go off-topic or anything guy, but do any of you know if there's anyone out there translating Shakugan no Shana these days?
touya13
Astral Realm

Post by touya13 »

NeoStorm555 wrote:Yeah, like I haven't known that already XD. But even so, there's two problems: 1. I live in a town where Japanese is uncommon. And 2. Even though I do plan on going to Japan someday, I realized I have no passport yet ._. Anywho, thanks for the advice touya13. Oh, and I don't mean to go off-topic or anything guy, but do any of you know if there's anyone out there translating Shakugan no Shana these days?
hm? SnS?....uhh, isnt that the one i saw on the 'abandoned series' list, since somewhere in US its been licensed already ? =="
NeoStorm555
Astral Realm

Post by NeoStorm555 »

touya13 wrote:
NeoStorm555 wrote:Yeah, like I haven't known that already XD. But even so, there's two problems: 1. I live in a town where Japanese is uncommon. And 2. Even though I do plan on going to Japan someday, I realized I have no passport yet ._. Anywho, thanks for the advice touya13. Oh, and I don't mean to go off-topic or anything guy, but do any of you know if there's anyone out there translating Shakugan no Shana these days?
hm? SnS?....uhh, isnt that the one i saw on the 'abandoned series' list, since somewhere in US its been licensed already ? =="
From what I heard, I think so. But then again, the company that licensed it has made absolutely no progress or updates to that novel. I was thinking there may be hope someone out there might still be doing it or something. I've almost finished watching the anime, and I desperately wanna read the novel. It just infuriates me when that happens ;; But that's just me :\
Wolfpup
Senior Project Editor

Post by Wolfpup »

touya13 wrote:
Yes it is an abandoned series if you look at the top of Shakugan no Shana it says that it is licened in the US.
Always on the hunt for good Anime and their associated Light Novels, Manga. :)
touya13
Astral Realm

Post by touya13 »

yeah thats true...ive been waiting for it to be progressed...since i heard that he confessed to shana and stuff....but....i dont think we should it here though^^"...we'll stop here now^^"
lorddago
Kyonist

Post by lorddago »

welcome back darknemo, we miss you!

Return to “Zero no Tsukaima”