Volume 11, Chapter 6

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Dracain
Astral Realm

Re: Volume 11, Chapter 6

Post by Dracain »

Great work on the translations, thank you very much.
Darknemo2000
Senior Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Darknemo2000 »

Finished translating. Took a whiel because of busy as hell wekend, and once I finished the site went down... so yeah.
Chiron
Kyonist

Post by Chiron »

Darknemo2000 wrote:Finished translating. Took a whiel because of busy as hell wekend, and once I finished the site went down... so yeah.
Wow, thanks again Darknemo2000, at this rate i have high hopes to see whole vol 11 translated before summer :D
RabidRabbit
Astral Realm

Post by RabidRabbit »

Can't remember... when did Louise promise to lend Siesta her clothes?
chrnno
Line Mage

Post by chrnno »

When she made that bet about Siesta having Saito for a day i think...

Thanks for the translation Darknemo.
Can I say something about destiny? Screw destiny! If this evil thing comes we'll fight it, and we'll keep fighting it until we whoop it. 'Cause destiny is just another word for inevitable and nothing's inevitable as long as you stand up, look it in the eye, and say 'You're evitable!'
Darknemo2000
Senior Project Editor

Post by Darknemo2000 »

The clothes thing happened back then when Louise borrowed Siesta's maid clothes to wear them combined with her black-cat costume.
Faktek
Kyonist

Post by Faktek »

Ah, good chapter. Louise's magic doesn't work, this is showed way more interesting than in anime.
http://mangafeed.net/ One place to track them all
Hubb
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Hubb »

I was looking forward to hearing some of Kirche's tips for her two new students but, I guess you can't have everything. Otherwise I enjoyed the chapter, and it'll be interesting to see how they wrap up the magic problem in the light novel as opposed to the anime.

Thanks for the translation Dark!
chrnno
Line Mage

Post by chrnno »

Yeah i was looking forward seeing Kirche's tips too... Also it seems we got to an interesting point, i wonder how Louise will deal with not being able to use void magic.

Anyway were the people who produced the anime smoking when they did it or they simply didn't read the novel? :?: I mean the differences are just too absurd... :?
Can I say something about destiny? Screw destiny! If this evil thing comes we'll fight it, and we'll keep fighting it until we whoop it. 'Cause destiny is just another word for inevitable and nothing's inevitable as long as you stand up, look it in the eye, and say 'You're evitable!'
Hubb
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Hubb »

Well I feel for anime producers these days. Fan service is a must to make any type of sale in the community now-a-days and for animes like ZnT they also need to shove a bunch of information into a 12 episode season.

If ZnT was a 24 episode season and they kept the same ending points for each season, I am willing to bet the anime would of been much better (with the light novel still stomping it).
chrnno
Line Mage

Post by chrnno »

Hum... No i think they just wanted to make a fan service in form of anime. Makes a lot more sense that way.

I mean there surely could be better ways, at least trying to follow the plot would have been great.
Darknemo2000
Senior Project Editor

Post by Darknemo2000 »

I am with Chrono here - remember that the 12 episode length is not an excuse when you create an anime original episodes full of fanservice. I would understand if the series itself would have not produced that, but ZnT is rather generous on that share so there was no real need for that and as a result too much fanservice and too little plot/character development hurt the series as season 3 sales were not as good as the ones before because they simply screwed themselves up with too much fanservice...
RonnieCorny
Senior Project Editor

Post by RonnieCorny »

my feeling is that JC wasn't sure about whether there would be continuation of the series... just like the way they ended season 2, instead of the usual "cliff-hanger" season ender, they "made sure" it could end there if there was no season 3... with season 3, they scrambled some of the events, but they also made sure that there was a "proper" ending to the series... so, i guess there's no assurance of season 4 (or further) as the reports about the reception for season 3 wasn't that good...

but then, these are just my opinion and best guesses...

- ron
Hubb
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Hubb »

chrnno wrote:Hum... No i think they just wanted to make a fan service in form of anime. Makes a lot more sense that way.

I mean there surely could be better ways, at least trying to follow the plot would have been great.
Um, I guess you didn't get the point I was trying to make. I agree, they were just trying to make a fan service anime and I said that was the problem. That being said, I think season 1 with 24 episodes would of been nice. I rather liked the first season and it wasn't until they had some staff change that the anime took a real deep downhill turn.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Due to the changes I couldnt even stand the first season...
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.

Return to “Zero no Tsukaima”