Get your own light novel up on Baka-tsuki?

Project of creative fiction that can be related to light novels or of an original nature.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

falcolobo
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Get your own light novel up on Baka-tsuki?

Post by falcolobo »

Hey everyone! I'm working on righting a light novel at the moment (and trying to get steps into getting it published), but before I do get published (if I do), I was wondering if it was possible to get my lightnovel down on the main website under Original Light Novels?

I am going to have illustrations (a lot of them), and I want to get some feedback so that I can improve my writing.
"To my only desire, bring forth the beast of possibilities"
-Cardeas Vist (Gundam Unicorn)
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Get your own light novel up on Baka-tsuki?

Post by Mystes »

Some higher mod needs to move this topic to the fan-fic first, I guess.

Though I'm interested, I think there should be first a sufficent amount of chapters.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
falcolobo

Post by falcolobo »

Oh---okay
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

falcolobo wrote:Hey everyone! I'm working on righting a light novel at the moment (and trying to get steps into getting it published), but before I do get published (if I do), I was wondering if it was possible to get my lightnovel down on the main website under Original Light Novels?

I am going to have illustrations (a lot of them), and I want to get some feedback so that I can improve my writing.
well, there have been some people who do try it, so we can't stop u, but you getting it published, but posting it on an online site? is that really the best? you won't sue us later on this issue will you?
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
falcolobo

Post by falcolobo »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote: well, there have been some people who do try it, so we can't stop u, but you getting it published, but posting it on an online site? is that really the best? you won't sue us later on this issue will you?
Oh no! Of course I won't sue!

I first plan to put up what I write, get some feeback and continue writing.

If I do get published, I'll just ask you to kindly pull it down, but keeping a summary of what happens is fine.

The getting published thing isn't 100% yet, still going through processes and writing.
Aorii
Project Translator

Post by Aorii »

Hoho, been looking for this.
Although I most apologize to falcolobo first for hijacking his thread for a second, but for something very much related...

The question is: does Baka-Tsuki have a procedure for this?
(because I think it would be to your, and the fandom's, long-term benefit if you do set up a procedure for this... <-- this is me being presumptuous)

I mean, as far as I know, you guys are the first name to ani-style light novels' translations within the fan community. Well, there are also quite a few amateur writers in the fan community, and (at least imo) free online 'publishing' of early works is usually a good way to jump-start oneself, be it interest, feedback, or possibly professional intention for the serious folks.

So what would be the requirements to setting up an original light novel project on B-T? Are we talking a completed first 'book' that needs to pass certain moderators' judgment and score above a certain margin or something? XD I mean, Ryuno's project (The Longing of Shinna Ryo) kind of just kicked off after him submitting a teaser and then passing the (fullscript?) to the admins, but the in-between process isn't very clear.

As you might guess, I am asking because I am interested, and because others I know are interested. There is a central location where all Original English Visual Novel projects congregate to, but there isn't one for Original English Light Novel projects, not as far as I know anyways. Would the admins be interested in such a thing?
Daybreak Project
"You crazy b@stard! I'm gonna treat you like shit until you reveal your true form!!!"
"NO WAY. Over my dead, resurrected and killed again body." -- Kadi, when given a proposal about leaving [Miko-moe] 'as is' in TL.
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

We usually do translations, but some people hope that we do host their novels and all. There is no real requirements, except that you must agree that it is fine that B-T will share the story for free, and that (I think) B-T will not be asked to take it down else there will be legal actions etc. However, your first ideas will probably be placed under the fan-fic section? Especially if it is short.

Not too sure about everything on this, nor have we come up with exact procedures, but this should hopefully get you started ^^
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Aorii
Project Translator

Post by Aorii »

Haha thanks /o/
I will probably take up on that offer in a month or so, assuming it remains standing (stuff is currently under betaing).
Although it would be nice if this could also be confirmed by some other admins, since you seem to be one of the only one in this part of the forums xD

That being said, I know that B-T's translations are published under translation common copyrights, but about original material though? I'd assume creative commons?
Daybreak Project
"You crazy b@stard! I'm gonna treat you like shit until you reveal your true form!!!"
"NO WAY. Over my dead, resurrected and killed again body." -- Kadi, when given a proposal about leaving [Miko-moe] 'as is' in TL.

Return to “Creative works”