Original Copy of Novel

General discussion related to the Suzumiya Haruhi novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

krnXplaya202
Astral Realm

Original Copy of Novel

Post by krnXplaya202 »

Does anyone have the text of the Japanese Suzumiya light novel? If someone does, could you somehow show it to me? I just want to see what the text looks like.
Smidge204
Astral Realm

Post by Smidge204 »

Here's a scan of the first page of Volume 1's prologue. (Click for higher-res version)

=Smidge=
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

But I thought that distribution of copies of the original text weren't allowed on the forum? I think it's in one fo the rules somewhere.
Smidge204
Astral Realm

Post by Smidge204 »

I wouldn't think a single page constitutes "distribution". Besides, someone posted nearly the entire simplified chinese version as text and there were only minor complaints.

http://www.baka-tsuki.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11

I believe things like this are given some leeway because they are specifically related to the B-K translation project, and there would hardly be a project without such materials. It doesn't appear that the novels are (or will be?) licensed, either.

Just my take on it.
=Smidge=
krnXplaya202
Astral Realm

Post by krnXplaya202 »

Thanks alot for this!!! It helps out, I was trying to find out something about the kanji. Anyways, i appreciate ur help cuz i couldn't find this elsewhere.
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by HolyCow »

Meh, the entire text was the same as AnimeSuki's anyway, with a few modifications -.-
/me claws out throat and dies

Return to “Suzumiya Haruhi”