Anyone know what this sign says?

General discussion related to the Suzumiya Haruhi novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Faize
Astral Realm

Anyone know what this sign says?

Post by Faize »

Or better yet, anyone know what the article is talking about?

I'm rather curious as to how Haruhi ties into the middle east.
Smidge204
Astral Realm

Post by Smidge204 »

It's about a protest against the killing of three children in a shooting incident on the Gaza Strip.

Here's a translation from an article about it on a Japanese website:

http://translate.google.com/translate?u ... 8&oe=UTF-8

(Of course, you get all the greatness of machine translated Japanese along with it... but it's readable.)

Someone in the #baka-tsuki chat said the poster reads "Don't kill children" or something to that effect. I don't know any french but the caption in that scan seems to agree.
=Smidge=
Garstansinilliam
Astral Realm

Post by Garstansinilliam »

There's a thread about this on another forum I think. It says 'stop killing the children', and is part of a march in response to a drive-by shootign that killed 3 children a few days ago.
Dragoon
Astral Realm

Post by Dragoon »

A photoshop, perhaps? Somebody try to find the original source photo.
Iznogoud
Astral Realm

Post by Iznogoud »

Here it is :
Spoiler! :
By the way, the picture was taken by a professionnal who got himself injured about a year ago while taking pictures of children throwing stones at israeli soldiers.
Dragoon
Astral Realm

Post by Dragoon »

If this is real, then it ranks an 11 on the 1 to 10 ranking of weird crap that can be related to Haruhi Suzumiya.

I'd love to see a history of this.
Iznogoud
Astral Realm

Post by Iznogoud »

Dragoon wrote:If this is real, then it ranks an 11 on the 1 to 10 ranking of weird crap that can be related to Haruhi Suzumiya.

I'd love to see a history of this.
Yes, but it is real.

This picture reported by AFP (Agence France Presse), was taken by photographer Mahmud Hams.
jinalbert
Astral Realm

Post by jinalbert »

The kid has a good role model. :D

That's a pretty strange site to see.
Haiyami
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Haiyami »

wait waht? So is Haruhi the sorce of light for these children or the root of all evil?

This gets weirder and weirder. -_-;
Smidge204
Astral Realm

Post by Smidge204 »

This happens a lot. People in that part of the world are pretty well isolated, culturally. The effect is that they often use images they get from who-knows-where and use them in ways that seem peculiar to the rest of us... because they don't know the cultural significance.

=Smidge=

Return to “Suzumiya Haruhi”