Where is the illustration provider?

General discussion related to the Suzumiya Haruhi novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Kinny Riddle
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Where is the illustration provider?

Post by Kinny Riddle »

Where did velocity7 go? It's about time he or someone else get their arses moving and stick those illustrations in the completed chapters, namely volume 3 - 6. Some of them have been "pic-less" for months. A light novel isn't a light novel without illustrations.

Itou Noiji's pics can tell a whole story which sometimes Tanigawa's words can't convey. Like in the last chapter of Vol 4, after Kyon wakes up, Haruhi sounds mean, but look at Itou's pic and you can see she's blushing while pretending to be pissed.
Smidge204
Astral Realm

Post by Smidge204 »

I have high-res scans of the Japanese version, but i'm not sure if it would be acceptable to use those illustrations since I got them off an fserve in the S.O.S. Dan chatroom. (eg not my scans)

I believe this is the image Kinny is talking about:

=Smidge=
cotton
Astral Realm

Post by cotton »

Smidge204 wrote:I have high-res scans of the Japanese version, but i'm not sure if it would be acceptable to use those illustrations since I got them off an fserve in the S.O.S. Dan chatroom. (eg not my scans)

I believe this is the image Kinny is talking about:

=Smidge=
Not sure why we need to be particularly coy over the source of scans of copyrighted material to which neither party has any claim.

If you've got 'em, post 'em!

The real issue is where in the text they should go. I guess we need someone with access to original texts or scans of the original text to iidentify the correct locations.
Reader
Astral Realm

Post by Reader »

Hey I wonder how you insert that image! All i know is how to attach a file.
Smidge204
Astral Realm

Post by Smidge204 »

'cause I'm still somewhat new to this community, and while I'd like to help wherever I can I feel it's prudent to ease into things right now. :p

But okay... I have a full set of scans for the first seven volumes including graphics. I don't read Japanese but I can probably figure it out with a dictionary.

Of course if someone already familiar with the books would be nice enough to pint out where they go, I'll put 'em in!

Edit: Reader:

{URL=http://clickable.url/here}{img}http://i ... /img}{/URL}

Replace the curly brackets {} with square brakets [] and there you have it...

Edit 2: Image added! That appears to be the only image in chapter 6. I'll go through the rest of the book tonight.
=Smidge=
Dan
Square Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Dan »

Ah, so those images are published with the stories? I had thought they were rips from one of the manga that was written following the story. The cancelled one anyway, the other one doesn't look like that at all. And since it was cancelled, I didn't think it odd that the later volumes had no pictures.
rilian
Astral Realm

Post by rilian »

Smidge204, do you happen to really high res versions of the scans (around 2000 pixels high), because I would really like to be able to find some for my printed version.
Smidge204
Astral Realm

Post by Smidge204 »

The scans I have are 1400px high (width varies slightly, about 950-1000px).

=Smidge=
rilian
Astral Realm

Post by rilian »

Would you be willing to upload the images somewhere? I would really like to get my hands on at least the grayscale images, if neccessary I can get the colour from minitokyo, but that is still a bit of a pain in the butt (multiple accounts and ToS violations). If you are simply going to replace all the images in the wiki with higher res versions then you can disregard this, I will just get them from there then.
Haiyami
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Haiyami »

ooh. pictures.
Itachi-chan
Astral Realm

Post by Itachi-chan »

So, talking about illustration, does anyone has the covers for SHnY novel in high quality? In the site, the SHnY's cover are just the front cover with the inside flap, I want the front and back covers like the Zero no Tsukaima one(I don't really need the inside flap). =]

EDIT: Forget it, I already found it. :D
typhonsentra
Astral Realm

Post by typhonsentra »

Hello hello hello (Echoes)!

Return to “Suzumiya Haruhi”