Assumptions?

General discussion related to the Suzumiya Haruhi novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Umiman
Line Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Assumptions?

Post by Umiman »

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Characters ... i_Suzumiya
Spoiler! :

and finally

Is this information from parts not yet translated or merely assumptions by a spoiled Wikipedia user?

Sorry if this has been brought up before.
...Tg...g.g........... And Kol Ravensabbey cried,
..g...B...g........@.. "In Armok's name!!!!"
T...T..B..g........... And there was bloodshed.
Smidge204
Astral Realm

Post by Smidge204 »

Although Tsuruya can definately be labeled as "not normal" at this point, the translations so far do not indicate her family is at all related to the "Organization." The only connections so far are:

Spoiler! :
1) She let Koizumi and the group use her mountain villa as a winter trip destination. ("Where did the cat go?")

2) According to the translations so far, she let the group dig for treasure on the mountain behind her house... although this was only referred to as something that is going to happen. (Volume 7 Chapter 1)
=Smidge=
P.S. Nice sig :P
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

Hey thanks,

But it's wierd don't you think? All the irregularities in the world that they reside in are crafted by Suzumiya (Or Kyon, whichever you choose to believe in).
Spoiler! :
Which brings up several questions about Tsuruya. Was she created by Haruhi as well? If so, why? If she and her family were created by Haruhi... would this mean that her sole purpose is to provide financial backing to her main creations (the agency / org)? If we take this hypothesis into consideration, wouldn't that mean that other seperate entities have to be created to provide backing to the other organizations that exist?

What I'm trying to say here is that; how can Haruhi create such an elaborate, perfectly greased world complete with rivals (anti-Integrated Data Entities), enemies (anti-agency / org), and megacorporations (Tsuruya corp) who shield her? I sincerely doubt this was all in her mind right? And why would she even want to create enemies to her own creations?
Would this be reason to speculate for a third party god? Maybe there's more than one Haruhi.
Dragoon
Astral Realm

Post by Dragoon »

And why would she even want to create enemies to her own creations?
Existence without conflict is meaningless. In every story, there are protagonists and antagonists. The "good guy" always needs a "bad guy" to triumph against, or there is no story.

Haruhi's enemies all seem to be enemies of convenience right now. We've yet to see a true rival. One day, she's probably going to ask for a challenge that could truly best her... and something like a "Dark Haruhi" is going to show up...

That'd be interesting.
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

Suposively, the entire planet was *RE*created by Haruhi 3 years ago. During that time, Haruhi just made a direct copy of the world and added in time travelers, aliens, and espers. Without Haruhi, these 3 groups wouldn't have ever existed (and time traveling technology wouldn't be invented, human race died out before it was invented, or they just don't feel like traveling back in time). I would say that Tsuruya is just a rich person that Haruhi selected sub consciously when she wanted a back up SOS Dan member to assist in events, and financially. She was already rich (unless future evidence shows that her family gained massive wealth 3 years ago), and Haruhi just happened to pick her as their wealthy backer. Haruhi could've just as easily picked another wealthy person but she picked Tsuruya.

Also about the "Dark Haruhi" thing, I highly doubt that this character will appear. Although there will be other antagonists in the future such as possibly rogue organizations or separate organizations from Koizumi's(as described in Volume 7), the time traveling terrorists (from Melancholy of Asahina Mikuru), and rogue data entities or separate types of data entities (as described in lone mountain syndrome and Volume 7). Although a second Haruhi could appear, I doubt that they'll conflict, I think they'll get along quite well.
Dragoon
Astral Realm

Post by Dragoon »

An anti-Haruhi probably wouldn't appear, but it'd be an interesting concept to consider. Just what would Haruhi's yang be?

A silent, thoughtful, and consistent Haruhi?

Such a creature would have to be incarnate evil in disguise. There's no possible way for... that to exist.
Although a second Haruhi could appear, I doubt that they'll conflict, I think they'll get along quite well.
That depends. There's only one Kyon.

And Haruhi doesn't like sharing.

*grin*

She's been very possessive of him in the past, and can be quite violent...
Haiyami
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Haiyami »

Hmm i haveto read volume 7, but i' havent' gotten there yet. I wont' read 7 until 6 is done.
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

Haiyami wrote:Hmm i haveto read volume 7, but i' havent' gotten there yet. I wont' read 7 until 6 is done.
?

Is it related to Volume 7? Gah...

Return to “Suzumiya Haruhi”