Ore ga Ojousama Gakkou ni "Shomin Sample"...

Have an idea on improving Baka-Tsuki?
Know a great light novel series that should be translated? Tell us here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Please read the New Project Petition Guidelines before posting!

Do you wish to see this Novel (series) Translated?

I might try translating this
2%
Yes
97%
Not Really (Please give a reason)
0%
No (Please give a reason)
0%

Total votes: 312

kevmasterzoc
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Ore ga Ojousama Gakkou ni "Shomin Sample"...

Post by kevmasterzoc »

"Ore ga Ojou-sama Gakkou ni "Shomin Sample" Toshite Rachirareta ken"

Novel is in Japanese and raws can be found online. Found 6 volumes so far.

As far as I know, it isn't licensed by any English publishers.

The first chapter of the manga adaptation was recently translated which I enjoyed and seeing that it was based off a novel, it made me search around to see if the novel had been translated into English. Making a post here in hopes of raising awareness of this novel and hope a translator becomes interested in translating it.

Synopsis from MU:
In a hidden school surrounded by mountains, young ladies of good families are taught everything a high class lady needs to know. They are also completely cut off from the outside world, keeping them sheltered and innocent. However, a problem has come up recently-- more and more graduates are failing to cope with the modern world after graduation. To deal with this problem, they've decided to kidnap a male commoner student, and enroll him as a student. They hope that this will be a gentle way to introduce the girls to the outside world.

Kagurazaka Kimito is chosen for this dubious honor, mostly because he seems utterly average. However, the school leaders also seem to have concluded he's a homosexual with a muscle fetish. When Kimito hears that the alternative may be castration (to protect the girls' purity), he eagerly plays along with this misconception. Now he'll just have to survive the attention of many high class young ladies that are completely out of touch with the world! [tethysdust]
Here are some of the Novel Cover images
Spoiler! :
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Last edited by kevmasterzoc on Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ore No Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai!

Re: Ore ga Ojousama Gakkou ni "Shomin Sample"...

Post by Rohan123 »

Please add the cover pages of the first volume or a few, if you can find some. And the synopsis seems interesting, poor Kimito. :lol:
kevmasterzoc
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by kevmasterzoc »

Cover Images Added.

For some reason, I'm enjoying the initial setup. Boy is kidnapped and is sent to an all-girl school in an area that is not listed on any maps (manga even mentions it being removed from google map). Faculties there believes boy is gay and loves macho men. Has a sadistic/abusive female childhood friend who confirms that he is gay during the "investigation" (and most likely has feelings for the boy and will most likely find a way to the said school). The females in the school are extremely sheltered from the modern world since they have no access to television and internet and had no idea what a cell phone is. And since the boy has already arrived at the hidden school, he is forced to make a choice: not attend the school and be imprisoned in another hidden site so information of the school doesn't get leaked; Attend the school and deny being gay, but requires him to be castrated to protect the girls; or attend the school while pretending he's gay and has a fetish for musclemen.

Nice setup for many possible funny situations
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by Rohan123 »

That sudden shift of clothing style in the novel cover images... :shock:

1 - okay, 2 - fine, 3 - nice, 4 - nice, 5 - wtf? , 6 - fine...
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

Rohan123 wrote:That sudden shift of clothing style in the novel cover images... :shock:

I would guess 5 is the "limited edition" version of the cover? That's a logical assumption anyway. But v4's cover of HEAVY OBJECT had the same "huh?" effect: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... AVY_OBJECT
Assorted PDFs: viewtopic.php?p=159960
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by Rohan123 »

denormative wrote:
Rohan123 wrote:That sudden shift of clothing style in the novel cover images... :shock:

I would guess 5 is the "limited edition" version of the cover? That's a logical assumption anyway. But v4's cover of HEAVY OBJECT had the same "huh?" effect: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... AVY_OBJECT
Yea, just checked it out. I see what you mean. :lol:
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Nurin »

kevmasterzoc wrote:Image
Petanko me approves
kevmasterzoc wrote:Image
ハートー for you too

As you guys can see, loved the first 2 vol covers :lol:
Call me Nurin!

NTRed
Astral Realm

Post by NTRed »

NTRed NTRed NTRed NTRed NTRed NTRed NTRed NTRed NTRed NTRed NTRed NTRed NTRed NTRed NTRed NTRed NTRed NTRed NTRed NTRed NTRed NTRed to the max with shitty prologue of v.1
“From today onwards, he. Kagurazaka Kimito will be our <Commoner> example.”
The head maid, Kujou, spoke thus into the microphone.
A spacious, stylish wooden lecture hall.
The various ojou-sama in the audience were all attentively watching me with sparkling eyes.
On the canopy behind were several big writings of “Commoner Seminar——Welcome your commoner.”
From kindergarten to college, sitting on a chair with a perfect posture in a row, from a glance you could tell that they received proper education.
“......So that is a commoner……”
Not knowing who muttered that. The voice seemed to reach the arched roof.
In the eye of these sheltered ladies, I am an unknown——”Male”, “Commoner”.
They were curious about me, with rising emotions in their hearts, those things were reflected in their glittering eyes as they looked at me.
This place is <Seikan Girl School>.
A place where ojou-sama from extinguished families attend, their objective is to become a Yamato Nadeshiko.
A gathering of pure maidens, after all it’s a school for ojou-sama.
It’s also the school which I will attend from now on.
“Anyone have questions for the commoner?”
Kujou-san hasn’t even finished her sentence, the atmosphere in the hall suddenly erupted.
“““““““““Yes!”””””””””
The ojou-sama’s hands were raised up simultaneously.
An extraordinary elegant posture. Although they were not saying anything, but their expression give off a vibe of “Choose me Choose me”, this transformed into something like a light wave, incessantly spreading all over Kujou-san body.
“In that case, let the commoner choose himself.”
“Ah!?”
All of a sudden, every sights were concentrated on my body.
Their eyes glittered with an innocent light like the stars in the sky.
Me! Me! I have a question! I want to know more about commoners!!
Ranging from college students to kindergartens, everyone displayed an innocent curiosity.
They had never seen a “Commoner” like me before.
“..................”
Faced with such imposing manner, my body stiffened like a rock, my forehead sweating profusely.
…...For the reason that transpires what happened today.
The matter dated back to yesterday morning.
“Let me kiss you!!”
Ah, that’s wrong.
It happened a little bit later.
Because the impression left me a deep impression, I couldn’t help but recall it.
Saying this casually, is the well-bred ojou-sama, Tenkuhashi Aika.
Due to various circumstances, she always adopted a lone wolf attitude in school.
In order to solve this, I was asked by her. Anyways, in short, it is also included in what I am going to say as for why this happened.
The story took place yesterday morning.

Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Hm, I would assume vol 5 is the generic summer vacation novel...
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
NTRed
Astral Realm

Post by NTRed »

Vol.1 Ch.1
Spoiler! :
The classroom was attacked by terrorists.
April, the enrollment period of highschool finally came to an end, the school academics’ hectic period had finally begun.
Today's Tuesday, The curriculum is so hard ,tiring and annoying...this is too sad. I thought so while indifferently listening to the morning homeroom speech——suddenly a loud sound of shoes hitting the floor that I had never heard before came from the corridor. The sound edged in closer, and then finally a group of shadows appeared.
“Crash” the door was slid open, then the shadows entered our classroom.
Wearing special forces attire, different sized men were lined up in front of the blackboard.
“Quiet, don’t move.”
The man standing in the middle said thus.
Though polite, he’s exactly like a terrorist organization’s ring leader that can be found in movies, I couldn’t help but broke out in cold sweat.
The homeroom teacher stood nervously on the lectern; motionless, we were also too scared to move even a bit, several girls began to cry.
“K-Kimito……”
The person sitting behind me, my long-time friend (childhood friend?), Eri, tugged at my uniform. “Please be Eri’s shield.”
Even at a time like this, you are still acting the same as ever, you are awesome in a way.
At this moment, “Really! This looks like a time for me to show my true strength.”
The person sitting in front, Yamanaga, slowly stood up.
“T-true strength……?”
Yamanaga, who doesn’t really have a presence in class normally, slowly walked up towards the terrorists.
“Don’t tell me, you are?”
Perhaps you are pretending to be an ordinary person, but you actually have some kind of special ability [or] when you face a terrorist attack, your hidden ability suddenly awaken like some kind of blessed children from the heaven?
Isn’t that me? “Humph, have a taste of my mettle!”
After two seconds, Yamanaga was beaten.
Yamanaga—!
It was said that this guy is in the karate club.
Nobody dared to move, the only thing that resounded in the classroom was Yamanaga apologizing, “I am really sorry.” in a fake kansai dialect——when suddenly...
A maid entered.
A maid.
First off, there’s a unique atmosphere surrounding her.
Though I had seen the so-called maids in Akihabara before, but be it her uniform or atmosphere , both are totally different. Me and and my classmates could only hold our breath.
Her age was slightly lower than mine, with neatly combed black hair like a doll plus her boyish eyes that got a deep luster.
The same temperament found in those officials’ daughter, moreover a stern, acrimonious, unapproachable atmosphere, how to say it, a word then floated into my mind “Offensive Purpose Antique Doll”
She,
came in front of me——and said, “Kagurazaka Kimito, I have come here to greet you.”
Last edited by Rohan123 on Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Put the wall of text in spoiler tags.
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by Rohan123 »

Thanks for the teaser NTRed.
GothicRexterz
Astral Realm

Post by GothicRexterz »

Ok. Rozen is doing the LN right now and he's currently doing Chapter 5.
kili
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by kili »

I have the LN vol 1-7...
but I can't translate it yet...
If you someone from indonesia(Jakarta)and interested to translate it tell me my phone number is [Edited] for LiNE user my id is kaitoan

Jika kamu dari Indonesia (Jakarta) dan tertarik untuk menerjemahkannya hubungi aku HP [Edited] untuk pengguna LiNE id ku adalah kaitoan

For your safety, do not communicate your phone number here. - Misogi
Rozenbach
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Rozenbach »

Ahhh dammit, the rules are really too many to read through...

Anyways, I'm already more or less done with volume 1(left with 2 chapters). All that's left is to contact the supervisors.
krytyk
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by krytyk »

Rozenbach wrote:Ahhh dammit, the rules are really too many to read through...

Anyways, I'm already more or less done with volume 1(left with 2 chapters). All that's left is to contact the supervisors.
Make it a teaser project, upload all the translations, prepare registration page. Then, if you have an entire volume anyone can just tip off one of custodians to approve it as full project. That would be the fastest way of getting the project run on baka-tsuki properly, as teaser projects do not require approval, and getting a full project out of teaser is a piece of cake.
- JAP to ENG translator for AntiMagic Academy "The 35th Test Platoon"; ELYSION virtual region; Omae wo Onii-chan ni Shite Yarouka!?; Only Sense Online -
- Retired Manga Redrawer/Typesetter. @Manga-Heaven; @Kono-Basho; @wangan-scans; &anonymous releases.

Return to “Future Project Suggestions”