Translation poll

Have an idea on improving Baka-Tsuki?
Know a great light novel series that should be translated? Tell us here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Please read the New Project Petition Guidelines before posting!
Dalam
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel: CSR

Re: Translation poll

Post by Dalam »

There's been so many bot votes, lol, it's not even funny.
XD

That aside, I've voted for my 4, and Accel World was not one of them, lol. Lots of good choices, just I don't really care about Accel, hence no vote from me.
Good luck in choosing, Code.
-Psst...Hagure pl0x-
XD
Find me on Hongfire if you want to chat more about stuff here. =V
Studart
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Studart »

Dalam wrote:There's been so many bot votes, lol, it's not even funny.
XD

That aside, I've voted for my 4, and Accel World was not one of them, lol. Lots of good choices, just I don't really care about Accel, hence no vote from me.
Good luck in choosing, Code.
-Psst...Hagure pl0x-
XD
Fact... Accel is good but... Hagure, Oda, Muv, Madan[?] and Seirei... Are MUCH better ~.~
And thanks for all and good luck... Code xD
KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KuroiHikari »

Erm, read again

you know part where the question strangely isn't a question.
hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hobogunner »

Would it be best to edit out this poll or are we leaving it up for a reason?

Also, to report to C-Z about the way FB stands (top 4)-

Accel World - 295 - 41.2%
Oda Nobuna - 119 - 16.6%
Hagure - 80 - 11.1%
Muv Luv - 72 - 10%

Total votes- 715. (More likes than we have for the page....I don't know how that works. :lol: )

At this point, 3/4 are the ones up for grabs.
Maybe this is just too fast, too real -Stay Close, Parabelle
Snails see the benefits, the beauty in every inch -Snails, The Format
You thought you could find happiness just over that green hill; you thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still
-Learn To Be Still, The Eagles
latos1117
Haruhiist Sensei
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by latos1117 »

hobogunner wrote:Would it be best to edit out this poll or are we leaving it up for a reason?

Also, to report to C-Z about the way FB stands (top 4)-

Accel World - 295 - 41.2%
Oda Nobuna - 119 - 16.6%
Hagure - 80 - 11.1%
Muv Luv - 72 - 10%

Total votes- 715. (More likes than we have for the page....I don't know how that works. :lol: )

At this point, 3/4 are the ones up for grabs.
Have to say im impressed that mismarca is not on the top 4 since it look like a lot of people wanted it translated. But have to admit is scary how one sided it looks. But i think the reason was mostly because of the anime who knows.
loliDragon
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier

Post by loliDragon »

hobogunner wrote:
My theory is that for most people it is a lor simpler to use an already existing FB account to vote then, to register on a forum... I somehow can related to that ^^

As for Accel World being TopDog... as latos1117 said, most probably the anime. The fact that they made a full season (24 eps) out of Accel means that it is very popular in Japan, which should normally make it as well received overseas as well (I am not one of those that like it though).
Also it would be interesting to see the demographics of BT voters and FB voters, I bet we could see some nice deviation there 8)
latos1117
Haruhiist Sensei

Post by latos1117 »

loliDragon wrote:
hobogunner wrote:
My theory is that for most people it is a lor simpler to use an already existing FB account to vote then, to register on a forum... I somehow can related to that ^^

As for Accel World being TopDog... as latos1117 said, most probably the anime. The fact that they made a full season (24 eps) out of Accel means that it is very popular in Japan, which should normally make it as well received overseas as well (I am not one of those that like it though).
Also it would be interesting to see the demographics of BT voters and FB voters, I bet we could see some nice deviation there 8)
Well honestly as i see things is true that AW is a great story and don't get me wrong i would love to see it translated. But i would bet all the money on my pocket to the fact that most of the voters on FB have not even Read the Ln of AW. It also makes me Wounder if they have even read a LN before. Sorry it seems rude but those are my thoughts on this.
Hikari no Sora
Kyonist

Post by Hikari no Sora »

Yes Indeed is popular due to the anime...I have seen a lot of series, being the same in that aspect for example High School of the Dead....you can never know...
latos1117
Haruhiist Sensei

Post by latos1117 »

Hikari no Sora wrote:Yes Indeed is popular due to the anime...I have seen a lot of series, being the same in that aspect for example High School of the Dead....you can never know...
I know is not related to the forum but just want to know. Why did they stop the manga of HOD?
Kaioshin Sama
Astral Realm

Post by Kaioshin Sama »

Hi, first time poster and admittedly not much of an LN reader, but I really want to say something about the topic at hand. Some here might recognize me as a frequent Anime Suki poster, one time blogger, and oft controversial figure when it comes to commentary on anime, others might hopefully see me as just some random guy that just stopped by to say a few words. :p

Introductions out of the way I don't want this to sound like some sort of campaign post, but I come here as someone both very interested in seeing further translations of Accel World played out and someone very discouraged to see how the process appears to be playing out. First I'll say that indeed like many others I became interested in Accel World by watching the anime, I'm sure it has plenty to do with why it's leading this particular poll as well and to be honest as a fan as Accel World it fills me with renewed hope that the franchise does indeed have a fanbase interested in seeing further translation of the series as previously I was not sure how the Accel World franchise was being received (that's a whole other story though). As I said earlier I'm not much of an LN reader, in fact Accel World is one of the first I've felt very strongly about reading more of and has really captured my interest. That said I don't think it'd be fun for anybody if translators feel pressured and even intimidated by the fanbase to do more of it. That's not the sort of atmosphere I'm fond of seeing, I'd rather the person doing it enjoy what they are doing and that the fanbase enjoy the material and appreciate the efforts of the person that is bringing something to them they otherwise wouldn't be able to read and enjoy.

That said I can't help but find the attitude I'm seeing here towards Accel World's popularity and towards it's fanbase in this thread a little discouraging and can't help but fear that it's a dismissive one as well and that the B-T community is somewhat hostile towards the idea of continuing the Accel World translation project as a result of what's happened with the polling fraud and intimidation by the fanbase. It's unfortunate because I completely understand the frustration from both sides, there's clearly a large faction of people that would like to see more Accel World translated, but some of them are only creating resentment in how they try to convey this message, while likewise I can safely say that B-T has created the idea in certain circles though I'm sure it wasn't intended that they are spiteful towards the AW fanbase and will choose not to adapt Accel World even if it tops this poll by a wide margin and that likewise appears to be feeding resentment in the fan community. Thus what we appear to have is a vicious cycle that as a fan of Accel World I'm afraid may lead to even further prolonging the time it takes for this LN series to see further translation. It's unhealthy for the fandom and I hope there's reconciliation to be had and that it doesn't scare people off the project or result in any more harassment of the B-T staff.

All that being said I want to emphatically state that I don't want Code-Zero to feel pressured in any way and I'm sorry if he feels that way about Accel World. I almost want to apologize on behalf of the ugly side of the fandom for creating this feeling, I just hope that B-T isn't going to hold it against all fans. In the end I say stick to you guns, choose what you want to do as you have every right to...I just hope that the rest of Accel World gets translated by somebody some day and it's done out of genuine interest in the project, not because it's something the translator feels forced to do. Thanks for reading and have a pleasant day all.
KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KuroiHikari »

Hi, that's a long text. Anyway, there's no bias against Accel World, there's been suspcious spikes across the whole poll. Accel World became an example, when someone thought it was smart to accelerate it by 200 votes in a short span of 10 mins(I think)
lchigo93
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by lchigo93 »

Lols, don't worry about accel world being translated by code zero or not, be worried about whether teh-ping is going to bomb the whole accel world section or not, the ones already translated and the one not yet being translated. Sconce there has been a violation of BT rules (AGAIN). By hosting the whole accel world LN on a site including the manga and anime and asking for donations without the permission of BT. So he'll be possibly bombing the whole section in 48 hours or less.

"If men weren't perverts then humans would be extinct" Fuwa Rinna from Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to.
Kaioshin Sama
Astral Realm

Post by Kaioshin Sama »

KuroiHikari wrote:Hi, that's a long text. Anyway, there's no bias against Accel World, there's been suspcious spikes across the whole poll. Accel World became an example, when someone thought it was smart to accelerate it by 200 votes in a short span of 10 mins(I think)
Yeah I tend to make long posted, probably why it got flagged. Is the facebook poll confirmed to be free of this or is it happening there too? Sucks that this sort of thing always seems to happen and turn into some sort of big drama when somebodies just trying to offer their services.

@Ichigo93: As a fan of the franchise I'm absolutely crushed to hear this. I had already felt discouraged that their seemed to be little interest in the project, but to hear that it's come to this....not even sure what to say. :(
KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KuroiHikari »

We have moderation for users below 10 post. Hopefully it is. The new difference between the votes is probably because you can't vote for more than one in FB.

Ichigo that's harsh to reveal with vague details. Anyway, ping's on a roll of destruction, he rages when he sees someone profiting with our free work.

There's an certain accel world site with copied translation out there
lchigo93
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by lchigo93 »

Yeah, like how he bombed SAO last time. Not sure if this time it's just gonna get bombed as a warning and be restored later or be bombed for good.

"If men weren't perverts then humans would be extinct" Fuwa Rinna from Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to.

Return to “Future Project Suggestions”