Translation poll

Have an idea on improving Baka-Tsuki?
Know a great light novel series that should be translated? Tell us here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Please read the New Project Petition Guidelines before posting!
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Translation poll

Post by Teh_ping »

KuroiHikari wrote:
DoomCalibur wrote:What a terifying speed!!!
Accel is leading the vote in just 1 hour!
It looks like the first to make its place always safety has appeared
I dunno, if the "Accel World" faction could do this, why not the other factions.
And you know what's worse about this? There's 3 weeks left to this...

Again, a dilemma as we saw in the previous edition of the poll is that if we leave it such that only members can vote, we'll end up with multiple spam accounts as well...which was probably what happened last week. (Not blaming our members, but honestly...)
Gohankuten
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Gohankuten »

Teh_ping wrote:
And you know what's worse about this? There's 3 weeks left to this...

Again, a dilemma as we saw in the previous edition of the poll is that if we leave it such that only members can vote, we'll end up with multiple spam accounts as well...which was probably what happened last week. (Not blaming our members, but honestly...)
At least the spam account take a little bit of time and effort to create. Currently all someone has to do is just delete cookies on this board which is easy to do.
chancs
Project Editor

Post by chancs »

And so it has begun again

Damn the spammers :twisted:
Aleaccipiter
Literature Club Member

Post by Aleaccipiter »

Spammers, or no spammers. The final word belongs to Code-Zero.
Sorry for my poor english, it's my third language :)
Ad astra per aspera. Lassitudo - vixero !!!
chancs
Project Editor

Post by chancs »

Aleaccipiter wrote:Spammers, or no spammers. The final word belongs to Code-Zero.
But this just destroys the point of the poll :evil: :evil:
for3vers
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by for3vers »

chancs wrote:
Aleaccipiter wrote:Spammers, or no spammers. The final word belongs to Code-Zero.
But this just destroys the point of the poll :evil: :evil:
not to mention angry nerts wanting their free translations ^^
Aleaccipiter
Literature Club Member

Post by Aleaccipiter »

The point of the poll was to see what people want, but the same people turned it in to a circus. And as I said before the base line was established before the first row of guest or/and spamers.
Sorry for my poor english, it's my third language :)
Ad astra per aspera. Lassitudo - vixero !!!
KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KuroiHikari »

Teh_ping wrote:And you know what's worse about this? There's 3 weeks left to this...

Yea, I actually wanted to suggest allowing only those non-new-users(non-pinks) vote, but that might encourage spamming.
for3vers
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by for3vers »

KuroiHikari wrote:
Teh_ping wrote:And you know what's worse about this? There's 3 weeks left to this...

Yea, I actually wanted to suggest allowing only those non-new-users(non-pinks) vote, but that might encourage spamming.
buuuuuuuut im over a month old~!

>>

although, i guess that would actually solve the issue of bots/spams, after tht you could perhaps just lock the thread for others (if thats possible >>)
KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KuroiHikari »

for3vers wrote:buuuuuuuut im over a month old~!

>>

although, i guess that would actually solve the issue of bots/spams, after tht you could perhaps just lock the thread for others (if thats possible >>)
Unfortunately, time doesn't say much, we can't have bots camping till the time period expires.
I don't think the polls settings wouldn't be change anytime soon also.
for3vers
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by for3vers »

KuroiHikari wrote:

>>

Unfortunately, time doesn't say much, we can't have bots camping till the time period expires.
fair enough ^^

so, whats the course of action then? since there aren't any plans on changing the poll setting anytime soon, and i doubt restarting the poll here again will fix the issue >>

teh_pings idea of facebook, might work, but then the same situation could arise, with people getting others 2 spam for them or creating multiple accounts themselves >>

seems like nom@ns kindness came back and bit him i suppose? ^^ (not that im complaining, it was nice of him to allow for a poll...)
Gohankuten
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Gohankuten »

KuroiHikari wrote:

>>

Maybe we can let the pinkies vote but make it where they have to have had at least 1 post made that was approved but i don't think we could actually get that to work without a lot of extra work involved which seems kinda useless. I still think at least making it registered users only is better than current though.
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

... Vote spamming is the poll's last twist, huh? This is stupid, but we can't help it...

I guess that the legit popular choices are Hagure, AW, ONnY, Mismarca, STnBD and maybe Vanadis.
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
zzhk
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by zzhk »

I think people are really over thinking this.

The purpose of this poll is to get a survey of what series people were interested in, so as far as that's concerned, the objective is accomplished.
What remains is simply Code-Zero's and perhaps Teh_Ping's decisions on what they want to pick.

In this case, it's not like the exact numbers matter or the most popular choice wins.

Of course, people are welcome to problem solve in anticipation of future polls, but getting indignant and worrying over this particular one is just pointless.
for3vers
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by for3vers »

zzhk wrote:I think people are really over thinking this.

The purpose of this poll is to get a survey of what series people were interested in, so as far as that's concerned, the objective is accomplished.
What remains is simply Code-Zero's and perhaps Teh_Ping's decisions on what they want to pick.

In this case, it's not like the exact numbers matter or the most popular choice wins.

Of course, people are welcome to problem solve in anticipation of future polls, but getting indignant and worrying over this particular one is just pointless.
hmmm... you shut me up good ^^

although, discussing a solution now would be better then to leave it until another situation akin is to arise >>

Return to “Future Project Suggestions”