List of LN Translations Not Hosted on B-T

Have an idea on improving Baka-Tsuki?
Know a great light novel series that should be translated? Tell us here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Please read the New Project Petition Guidelines before posting!
Poke2201
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Translations

Post by Poke2201 »

Find their IRC channel.
onizuka-gto wrote:Big Boss was playing with the cosmic forces and forgot to switch the blog database back on.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Could we put it in the Future Projects, since there might be suggestions that are made and are available in other websites?
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hobogunner »

If by it, you mean this thread, it would probably be easier to put up a "off site translations" topic....

Alternatively, we could move it, however, it might confuse people just being named 'translations'.
Maybe this is just too fast, too real -Stay Close, Parabelle
Snails see the benefits, the beauty in every inch -Snails, The Format
You thought you could find happiness just over that green hill; you thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still
-Learn To Be Still, The Eagles
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

@ Kira: Wouldnt have a problem with that

@Hobo: (Already) Translated would be to much, since most (if not all) arent completed. Some are even already stalled or canceled.
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
lp113
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by lp113 »

http://untuned-strings.blogspot.com/201 ... tions.html <-They have a lottttttttt

Darklor since your a senior i'm trying to petition this to you but in the suggestion I made here (viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4776), I believe B-T should actually list all these series on the main site as well. B-T aims to promote awareness to LN's and what better way than to list all the translated novels not even hosted itself on B-T. Some of these sites stop translating but that allows translators from B-T to continue these projects if stalled. I hope you could talk to some higher ups about this since i'm just a member.

This is a way to make B-T not one of the many 'Average LN translation sites' but rather a 'Directory' of all translated novels (which to this day, no site has actually done, does this make B-T an unique site? I believe so)
Rajikai
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Rajikai »

Well The fact is that some sites don't want them to be hosted on BT, like Untuned Translation. They have allowed us to put a link to their site, but they did not allow us to upload the content. I'm unsure whether or not that if some sites don't even want that, but in the end, It all depends on them... And our superiors at BT
1,550/3,400
lp113
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by lp113 »

Raij check out Durarara!!... That's what other sites want us to do, link. I'm trying to have the mods allow it for all other series.
Rajikai
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Rajikai »

There are a handful of Projects that do that. The problem might be that they don't really feel like checking everyday for an update. Rather, I think it would be useful if other translators really want to do something like that, they would send an email or such telling when they finish with one of their projects (volumes/chapter), so it would make it easier for the staff here to do so.

Just like how it's done in mangaupdates.com

Though mangaupdates is updated mostly by members...
1,550/3,400
lp113
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by lp113 »

That's why there is Project Administrator and project editors?
hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hobogunner »

lp113 wrote:That's why there is Project Administrator and project editors?
:lol: You do realize that everyone here has better things to do than what we do, right?

RL > anything online.

This is the Dilemma we are put with.....it's easiest to just link to where it is being translated at, and leave it, people can check for themselves if it is done.
You thought you could find happiness just over that green hill; you thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still
Rajikai
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Rajikai »

Their only in charge of the translation project. Anything else they do out of their free will. Administrator make sure it's done (I assume), editors check for grammatical mistakes as well as spelling errors. (I assume.)
1,550/3,400
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

hobogunner wrote: This is the Dilemma we are put with.....it's easiest to just link to where it is being translated at, and leave it, people can check for themselves if it is done.
Have to agree. If you want to track projects, Ip, track our own projects on BT, seems that the update on translations I created is pretty old... :lol:

I can assure you guys that just updating is the heck of a job.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
Rajikai
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Rajikai »

It good enough that they translate. Asking anymore is out of your hands. If you want something to change, It's best to do it yourself. How? Easy, make a step by step guide of what changes should occur where and you post the change that should occur, so that they could just copy and paste.

Ex: Updated: 1/1/2011

Change to:
Updated: 1/16/2012

Then you check for the updates yourself, and post it up on the topic of your changes saying that they had an update on so and so, and give them a link...

Even though that's basically spoon feeding them, it's the least one could do, considering all the hard work they do.

Also it is not guaranteed that this will work out as I said, and might simply be rejected..
1,550/3,400
lp113
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by lp113 »

So your saying I can be such a project editor as long as I can keep it updated? I'm fine with that, I read the series anyways. And if there's a fan base, then there's always someone willing to put out. Just hit me up and i'll be on my way, how do I make project pages?
hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hobogunner »

You'd have to get Oni to approve of you doing this before you even start....

What do you plan on doing, in short?

Return to “Future Project Suggestions”