Monku no Tsukeyou ga Nai Rabukome

Have an idea on improving Baka-Tsuki?
Know a great light novel series that should be translated? Tell us here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Please read the New Project Petition Guidelines before posting!

Would you like to see this novel translated?

Yes, definitly.
80%
Sounds interesting, would like to know more.
20%
No, not really (Please give a reason).
No votes

Total votes: 5

Kimzark
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel: Absolute Duo, Madan no Ou to Vanadis, Gakusen Toshi Asterisk, Unlimited Fafnir, Hyouketsu Kyoukai no Eden, Saijaki Muhai no Bahamut, Hundred, Date a Live, Oda Nobuna no Yabou and many others ^^

Post by Kimzark »

Hello everyone!
I'm here for my second future project suggestion (the first went a bit awkward since the search feature has got the better of me, but this time, i used the advanced search, plus i made all the subjects to go in alphabetic order so i clearlly checked every single one of those name, and i didn't saw it... so if there is this novel suggestion already, i might have to go buy some glasses x.x ... anyway to the main topic).

What is this about you may ask? Well the summary is the following:
Kanaruzawa Sekai, "The God Who Lived A Thousand Years", is a beautiful girl with silver hair and red eyes. She's pompous and does not know much about her surroundings, and despite her childish appearance, she can tolerate alcohol and tobacco, and spends her day in her mansion reading books.
Offered to her as a "living sacrifice" is high school student Kirishima Yuuki. As he was told she'd grant her one thing in exchange of being the sacrifice, Kirishima said: "Kanaruzawa Sekai-san, marry me."
And so, they start to live their life together---but their days without peace nor love became disrupted, as the world began to be disordered due to a terrifying secret concerning the whole world.
A comedically pure love, and a never-ending story begins here!

This is some extra info i found about the novel:
Author: SUZUKI Daisuke
Illustrator: ABARA Heiki
Publisher: Dash EX Bunko (Shuiesha)
Volume 1 (Released November 21, 2014)
Volume 2 (Released February 25, 2015)

Cover of the first volume:

Has you can see, this is a recent Light Novel, so i really doubt there is already a english publisher. There is a manga adaptation already, and that's where i got my interest in (7 small chapters so far were translated to english). Let me hear your thoughts about this novel, and if you're wondering about the story, you can search for the name on google, and read the manga chapters already out.
If there is anyone willing to translate this novel, i would gladly help with anything i can (currently learning kanji, but i doubt 30 words are enough for now :( and never did editing or proofreading, but i can always learn it 8) ).
Botan
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel: Zero no Tsukaima

Re: Monku no Tsukeyou ga Nai Rabukome

Post by Botan »

So it's not a harem, I will check manga, for the first look it's nice.

By the way, I found one blog where somebody started translating it, not a much have been done yet though.

I will send you a link via pm. Maybe you can work with that translator and make this one together? Unfortunately I can't help.
Kimzark
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel: Absolute Duo, Madan no Ou to Vanadis, Gakusen Toshi Asterisk, Unlimited Fafnir, Hyouketsu Kyoukai no Eden, Saijaki Muhai no Bahamut, Hundred, Date a Live, Oda Nobuna no Yabou and many others ^^

Post by Kimzark »

Thanks for the reply.
Humm, indeed he started the translation, i might ask him how's it going (if there is any development or if its stalled).
If its active, do you think it's possible to to add a link here to be easier for people to find the project (ofc if both translator and bakatsuki team agree)? I'm not really sure how those things goes...
Anyway, i'm going to try to contact the translator on that website, and i'll say something else, once i know his answer (about the state of the translation).

EDIT: i've sent him the message and now i'm waiting the reply... but his last update was about 4 months ago, so i i'm thinking he might be doing it for fun or japanese practice... anyway thats just me overthinking stuff like always ^^ i'll *patiently* wait for his reply, and ill add one extra post once i have it.
Botan
Mikuru's Master

Post by Botan »

Kimzark wrote:Thanks for the reply.
[...]
If its active, do you think it's possible to to add a link here to be easier for people to find the project (ofc if both translator and bakatsuki team agree)? I'm not really sure how those things goes...
[...]
It looks as far as I know, if he agree, and if he do not post things not allowed on baka tsuki like licensed novels, it should be all right to made project page here.
Kimzark
Kyonist

Post by Kimzark »

Just a small question, if he doesn't answer me in a relative long time period (lets say 1 week?), and since the project on his website has been unchanged since february, do you think it can be considered stalled/dropped, and someone else may be able to "restart" the translation?

And to another point... did you read the manga? what did you though? got you interested enough to take a peek at the LN? :)
Botan
Mikuru's Master

Post by Botan »

Kimzark wrote: And to another point... did you read the manga? what did you though? got you interested enough to take a peek at the LN? :)
I have read 7 chapters. Well, my feelings are quite mixed. Main couple so far do not have unique traits, but is not bad. Let's say decent. From the other hand, whole world set up / sacrifice things etc. feels out of place. Well but it's only 7 chapters, is not enough to judge it.

So I keep my opinion, synopsis is promising, but I will made my opinion no earlier than after reading at least one volume.
Kimzark
Kyonist

Post by Kimzark »

Botan wrote:
Kimzark wrote: And to another point... did you read the manga? what did you though? got you interested enough to take a peek at the LN? :)
I have read 7 chapters. Well, my feelings are quite mixed. Main couple so far do not have unique traits, but is not bad. Let's say decent. From the other hand, whole world set up / sacrifice things etc. feels out of place. Well but it's only 7 chapters, is not enough to judge it.

So I keep my opinion, synopsis is promising, but I will made my opinion no earlier than after reading at least one volume.
Well, i understand what you're saying. Although for me the sacrifice and world setup that you find out of the place, is what made me interested in the first place, exactly because it feels weird. With the story progression, we might understand how things came up to be like that and why.
About the couple... well... i like how the guy has been progressing the relationship, and she isn't really trying to hold back with her word... so i wonder how this will continue...

And when you meant "reading at least one volume", you meant the LN volume or the manga one?

EDIT.
I've just re-read the manga again, and i found funny, that at the comments below there were people asking for someone to pick up the LN translation ^^ i guess i'm not the only one who would like to read it 8)
Botan
Mikuru's Master

Post by Botan »

One volume of LN. Somehow manga don't work for me, I only read few as a continuation of anime.
Kimzark
Kyonist

Post by Kimzark »

Botan wrote:One volume of LN. Somehow manga don't work for me, I only read few as a continuation of anime.
Well, if you do it, let me know your thoughs on it... and i dont mind a few spoilers (but those are better done in private message :P)
Botan
Mikuru's Master

Post by Botan »

Kimzark wrote:
Botan wrote:One volume of LN. Somehow manga don't work for me, I only read few as a continuation of anime.
Well, if you do it, let me know your thoughs on it... and i dont mind a few spoilers (but those are better done in private message :P)
I can't do it until somebody translate it, I don't know Japanese.
Kimzark
Kyonist

Post by Kimzark »

Botan wrote:I can't do it until somebody translate it, I don't know Japanese.
ohh lolz xD i see... dunno why i though you would know it :P i guess im just wishing too hard for someone who might want to adopt this project :3
and btw the guy from the site you sent me, still haven't replied (or even read my message since its still waiting moderation...) so he might have dropped it :/
man i wish the whole japanese language was easier to learn x.x i can only memorize 2-3 kanji per day xP it will take forever (and i still havent even looked at hiragana and the other one xP)
Kimzark
Kyonist

Post by Kimzark »

so tomorrow will make 1 week that i sent a message to the guy who was supposed to be translating this... and so far my message hasnt even been read (still waiting moderation)... so this means, he hasnt even went there for the past 6 days (and wasnt updated his "work" in 4 months, since last update was somewhere around 20th february)...
I wonder if this is enough to make some translator interested who might wanna pick up the series...

BTW a new manga chapter has been translated (ch.8) and... OMG i wanna read this even more... that goddess waifu :3

EDIT: Still no answer or update from the guy from the website mentioned above, and it has been some weeks already... if any translator happens to see this project, please give a look at the manga or at raws to see if it picks your interest :)
Kimzark
Kyonist

Post by Kimzark »

OK guys new update on this... more than 1 month has passed since i tried to talk with the guy who started the translation of this LN, but i still have no answer from him, so i believe this is abandoned by that guy... so if any sweet translator soul with "free" time (because we all know how much free time you guys have... near none :P) can find this series interesting, please take it and make it yours :3
metroid112
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by metroid112 »

Kimzark wrote:OK guys new update on this... more than 1 month has passed since i tried to talk with the guy who started the translation of this LN, but i still have no answer from him, so i believe this is abandoned by that guy... so if any sweet translator soul with "free" time (because we all know how much free time you guys have... near none :P) can find this series interesting, please take it and make it yours :3
Too bad, I had hope that he didn't drop it. Still It would be awesome if someone could translate this, I'm pretty interested in how the story continues.
Kimzark
Kyonist

Post by Kimzark »

metroid112 wrote:Too bad, I had hope that he didn't drop it. Still It would be awesome if someone could translate this, I'm pretty interested in how the story continues.
Well, ive been waiting eagerlly for the manga, since i don't think the LN will be picked anytime soon unfortunatly (still playing that some really nice translator might give this a chance) :/ and this last ch9 that came out recently, left me at a big cliffhanger... because
Spoiler! :
that part where the guy says he almost was killed by his parents, i cant wait for the dark past flashbacks that might develope their relationship
Anyway im glad to see someone who (like me) wants to see this LN been worked on :D

Return to “Future Project Suggestions”