Clockwork Planet

Have an idea on improving Baka-Tsuki?
Know a great light novel series that should be translated? Tell us here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Please read the New Project Petition Guidelines before posting!
yukaras
Astral Realm

Clockwork Planet

Post by yukaras »

Hello and to all the readers of this post, I would like to suggest the translation of the light novel/manga "Clockwork Planet". Its creators are Kamiya Yuu (also known for making "No Game No Life") and Himana Tsubaki. As its title suggests, the story revolves a mechanical planet run by gears and it illustrates how that world begins to fall apart. Currently, there is a manga of "Clockwork Planet" and its up to chapter 7 which gives a proper insight of how this story begins but the light novel is on its second volume.
Since I have no idea how to properly put up an image I have provided these through the link below.
http://imgur.com/U4XH8y4,O37RUAY,BmiOj5I#2
I would like to state, as a personal opinion, that the mechanical dolls part of this story seem similar to "Kikou Shoujo Wa Kizutsukanai" but the story and the world presented seem very enticing. I do hope some translator(s) will pick this up because I'd love to read how the story unfolds.
Hopefully, I wrote this well and included enough information to share my interest to another. Thank you for spending the time to read this :D
Last edited by Darklor on Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Astral Realm

Re: Clockwork Planet

Post by Guest »

This was a novel? Damn, then yea, one of the few ecchi series being made with an interesting set of characters backing it up. By all means someone translate this. Good series.

http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/cl ... net-r10818

that's the link to the manga version. If its adapted from a novel then it will probably be a monthly.... I would rate it as an 8.5/10 so far. Most ecchi series don't crack 7.5 for me so that's a pretty damn good score coming from me.
cautr
Tsuruya Gigglenator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by cautr »

Translator at guhehe.TRANSLATIONS

"Life's a tale, told by an idiot." -Shakespeare
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Teh_ping »

I think they're hoping for more than just a mere prologue...

Well, I'll see what I can do this week.

The project will not be hosted on BT however. It will be a heretic-exclusive project.
SandyBoi
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by SandyBoi »

I've read the 7 chapters of the manga, love it so far.

Yeah, was hoping there'd be more than just the Prologue on heretic ln translations, but I guess I've got to wait a while :(
Dalam
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel: CSR

Post by Dalam »

Yeah, the manga is quite awesome, lol. Love the interactions between the characters. XD
Find me on Hongfire if you want to chat more about stuff here. =V
MadHatter703
Astral Realm

Post by MadHatter703 »

great manga. Would love a translation of the novel.
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

Obviously you guys haven't googled harder.
TheCatWalk
Project Translator

Post by TheCatWalk »

google "heretic","translations" , "clockwork", "Planet"
MAIN HEROINES FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!NYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
PrismatiCore
Astral Realm

Clockwork Planet continuing translations

Post by PrismatiCore »

I've picked up Clockwork Planet recently and quite liked it. When I found that some of the Chinese RAWs that hasn't been translated yet... I was surprised. Since I can only find Vol1 and Vol2 translated, i decided to take up translating Vol3.

This is my first time translating, and i hope you senpais will be gentle. I've created a page in the teaser section for it, and i have already completed the prologue(though it is unedited). I am 3/4 of the way through the 1st chapter.

You can find Vol 1 and 2 here. I hadn't gotten permission yet from the TL to put a link onto the page yet, so i'll just leave this here for anyone who is interested in reading.
TheCatWalk
Project Translator

Post by TheCatWalk »

have received permission from ping to upload and link his tl's on the wiki. Will be doing that.
MAIN HEROINES FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!NYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
PrismatiCore
Astral Realm

Post by PrismatiCore »

My apologies, in my last post, i said that I had Chapter 1 "3/4 done." That turned out to be a mistake. Apparently, in the raws, there's this really weird labeling system. I copied it below:
序章
第一章
第二章
间奏 起死回生
第一章 探索者
第二章 灾难
第三章 解放者
第四章 带领进步者
尾声 救世者

As you can see, there's 2 instances of chapter 1 and 2......It's really weird. So, I split up the prologue into 3 parts consisting of the prologue, and the short "chaprters" 1 and 2. Sorry about that, i got confused

Return to “Future Project Suggestions”