Translation poll

Have an idea on improving Baka-Tsuki?
Know a great light novel series that should be translated? Tell us here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Please read the New Project Petition Guidelines before posting!
latos1117
Haruhiist Sensei
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Translation poll

Post by latos1117 »

stellarroze wrote:
arczyx wrote: ill vote??? :lol:
ill = I'll = I will. :)
Thanks for explaining.

@arczyx i shall apologize for this. i tend to do does kind of mistakes a lot. sorry.
arczyx
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by arczyx »

latos1117 wrote:@arczyx i shall apologize for this. i tend to do does kind of mistakes a lot. sorry.
You don't really have to apologize you know? :wink:
arczyx wrote:Latest:
Accel World - 478
Muv Luv - 254
Oda Nobuna - 228
FMP - 191
------------------------------
Hagure - 142
Latest:
Accel World - 498
FMP - 287
Muv Luv - 269
Oda Nobuna - 239
Hagure - 157

Wow, FMP catching up! I'm still rooting for MuvLuv though 8)
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

So, FMP gained a hundred votes overnight?
florza
Shamisen Wordsmith

Post by florza »

Is there something wrong with that? Accel World had even more.
chad001
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by chad001 »

Guest wrote:So, FMP gained a hundred votes overnight?
Muv-Luv did the same thing. So did Accel World. I'm not even surprised anymore...
Studart
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Studart »

The problem here is "And one other thing...no campaigning or touting here." And... Well... Impossible to put a poll in facebook without people doing that... Oh... But if everyone is doing this... I guess they're in the same level ? : o
azndude550
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by azndude550 »

so, is the voting back to square one again? cuz i think it's back to square one again?
~Kino~
Astral Realm

Post by ~Kino~ »

I dont really think the polls are a good idea since maybe if one person is hardcore enough he will go to another website and advertise it to vote for one of the series.(wait this already happened right?) Then people start raging when one of the top polls arent chosen (WARNING BUNCH OF RAMBLING AFTER THIS)
Spoiler! :
while they dont understand translators DONT HAVE TO TRANSLATE SOMETHING they do it if they feel like it and if they dont then they dont translate it simple as that (i believe this is all personal opinion). B-T is sorta like a sharing site of translations NOTHING IS REQUIRED AT ALL all is voluntary so quit rushing translators it takes effort and time to translate which THEY DONT HAVE TO GIVE AT ALL but do cuz they are nice. *Sidenote* Suppose a volume has 300 pages (im terribly sorry if this isnt a average) it will requires months maybe even years to finish it look here to translate that 300 pages u gotta write it all down first. 300 PAGES IS ALOT OF WRITING not including the fact u have to translate it. To translate it you not ONLY have to translate it word by word but u have to phrase it in the new language in a proper way so it will have equivalent meaning. If you only translate it word by word it will sound like trash example machine translations you KNOW how much they suck -.- words jumbled and mumbled. My deepest apologies i seemed to rambled too much >.< just couldnt stand people critizing the hardworking translators.Most people just dont understand this though.
Last edited by ~Kino~ on Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TRAT513
Astral Realm

Post by TRAT513 »

arczyx wrote:
latos1117 wrote:@arczyx i shall apologize for this. i tend to do does kind of mistakes a lot. sorry.
You don't really have to apologize you know? :wink:
arczyx wrote:Latest:
Accel World - 478
Muv Luv - 254
Oda Nobuna - 228
FMP - 191
Hagure - 142
Latest:
Accel World - 498
FMP - 287
Muv Luv - 269
Oda Nobuna - 239
Hagure - 157

Wow, FMP catching up! I'm still rooting for MuvLuv though 8)

Hasn't some of FMP already been translated?

http://protik09.blogspot.com.au/2009/04 ... eries.html

And come on Hagure!! Get more votes! :P
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

Muv-Luv's gain was gradual enough that I can buy that it was probably genuine, out of perhaps a fan community of the franchise finding the poll and voting over time, and not getting excessively more popular. FMP's on the other hand is comparatively sudden. That's my take on it anyway.
zzhk
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by zzhk »

If polls could be done by secret ballot so that the results are unknown until the very end, a lot of unnecessary drama could be avoided.
florza
Shamisen Wordsmith

Post by florza »

There will be a lot of afterdrama if results are skewed.

And spammers (if there are) will be like, 'Hmm, I got no idea how much other spammers are spamming, but here's 1000 votes just to be safe.'

Drama will be avoided if translators just translated whatever they want and not what others want, imo.

Things never go well if you try to be nice on the internet.
zzhk
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by zzhk »

Well, who's to say what constitutes skewed results? It is an internet poll after all.

Of course, people are going to find reasons to complain anyway if they don't get the result that they want.

I don't know, it's a very good question -- do spammers act worse when spurred by visible competition with one another or when acting alone in the dark? It'd be a very interesting experiment to try out, that's for sure.
chancs
Project Editor

Post by chancs »

zzhk wrote:Well, who's to say what constitutes skewed results? It is an internet poll after all.

Of course, people are going to find reasons to complain anyway if they don't get the result that they want.

I don't know, it's a very good question -- do spammers act worse when spurred by visible competition with one another or when acting alone in the dark? It'd be a very interesting experiment to try out, that's for sure.
Of course the spammers will be more spurred when they actually see the competition progress. Being alone in the dark will be like a one time contribution from them. Probably :?
Midchuria
Vice Commander Itsuki

Post by Midchuria »

zzhk wrote:I don't know, it's a very good question -- do spammers act worse when spurred by visible competition with one another or when acting alone in the dark? It'd be a very interesting experiment to try out, that's for sure.
That sounds like one messed-up chicken or egg case. Strangely fascinating, though.

Return to “Future Project Suggestions”