Toaru Hikuushi e no Yasoukyoku

Have an idea on improving Baka-Tsuki?
Know a great light novel series that should be translated? Tell us here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Please read the New Project Petition Guidelines before posting!

Do you wish to see this Novel (series) Translated?

Yes
100%
Not Really (Please give a reason)
No votes
No (Please give a reason)
No votes

Total votes: 4

Botan
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel: Zero no Tsukaima

Toaru Hikuushi e no Yasoukyoku

Post by Botan »

Original Title: とある飛空士への夜想曲
Rōmaji Title: Toaru Hikuushi e no Yasoukyoku
Associated title: Nocturne of a Certain Pilot
Author: Koroku Inumura (犬村小六) (Twitter acount: https://twitter.com/inumura569)
Illustrator: Haruyuki Morisawa (森沢晴行)
Publisher: Gagaga Bunko (Shogakukan) (ガガガ文庫)
Volumes Out: 2
Genre: Adventure, Drama, Romance
Target readership: Male

I found no trace of being licensed in English.

This is a third novel written by this author and set in the same universe.
First one have a completed translation on Baka Tsuki: Remembrances for a certain pilot (To Aru Hikūshi e no Tsuioku)https://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/inde ... tain_pilot and also was adapted into anime
Second one Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta isn't translated (neither officially or by fans), but as far as I know anime adapted all 5 volumnes
There is also fourth novel, Toaru Hikuushi e no Seiyaku, which is ongoing with 8 volumes.

Plot summary
This is a story of a pilot and a singer torn between values, loyalty, and love in a warring state over the sky and sea.
Main character Chijiwa Takeo is known from 'Remembrances for a certain pilot' , he is one of the best (or just the best?) fighter pilots of Amatsukami Air Force (country based on Japan, his fighter is pretty famous Shinden fighter), an he was the one pursuing and dogfighting with Charles Karino (Levammian mercenary pilot, country is based on Spain apparently), who was a main male protagonist in 'Remembrances for a certain pilot'.

Well, there is more about synopsis in for example Japanese wikipedia, but google translating Japanese isn't a good way to do this, and so I won't post something from it because it may be incorrect.

Unfortunately I can't read in original language, also I haven't found opinions about this book. If somebody read it and can tell if is worth to translate it, I will appreciate this.

First volume:
Spoiler! :
Volume title: Toaru Hikuushi e no Yasoukyoku (下) (とある飛空士への夜想曲 下
Release date: July 20, 2011
Page: 264
ISBN-10: 4094512853
ISBN-13: 978-4094512854
Second volume:
Spoiler! :
Volume title: Toaru Hikuushi e no Yasoukyoku (下) (とある飛空士への夜想曲 下
Release date: September 17, 2011
Page: 376
ISBN-10: 4094512985
ISBN-13: 978-4094512984

Why I propose this one:
- I love his first book (I'm grateful for those benefactor translators who made it possible for me to read it)
- It seems to have quite unique set up, looks like light novels with aviators/air combat/fighter pilots aren't widespread, at least from perspective of somebody who do not read in Japanese, but only those translated.
- people who had contact with this universe novels/animes may be interested in it.
- it have only 2 volumes, so it easier to made it complete.
- I think chances of being licensed (quite a lot of happens these days) are low, as well as being adapted into anime.

In this way I'm humbly trying to catch interest of translators with free time and looking for new ideas.

Source:
http://lndb.info/light_novel/Toaru_Hiku ... Yasoukyoku
Koroku Inumura Twitter: https://twitter.com/inumura569

I'm not a English native speaker so I'm sorry for errors if I made mistakes do not hesitate to correct me. I hope I did everything right here, I'm quite a newbie here.
Last edited by Botan on Fri May 01, 2015 10:36 am, edited 4 times in total.
Icewind
Reader
Favourite Light Novel: A Simple Monitoring,
A Simple Survey,
Campione!,
Dantalian no Shoka,
Date A Live,
HEAVY OBJECT,
Iris On Rainy Days,
Remembrance For A Certain Pilot,
Sword Art Online(Before Licensed),
The Circumstances Leading to Waltraute's Wedding,
The World God Only Knows.,
To Aru Majutsu no Index,
To Aru Majutsu no Index: New Testament,
Utsoro Hako to Zero no Maria,

Re: Toaru Hikuushi e no Yasoukyoku

Post by Icewind »

The protagonist looks badass compared to the 2 earlier protags.....
wyat_erp
Astral Realm

Post by wyat_erp »

hi guys. I will be brief and frank. I finally registered into bakatsuki just to cast my vote and translate this piece of work. I want to read how this story goes. The MC looks badass, the main heroine is jaw-dropping and enough to die for, even just looking at the poster gives me the chills of having a good but tragic ending. Hearts will bleed, heads will roll and trolls will rage at this one.

I will say this: if you will translate this, I will be eternally be grateful. If you lack the people to work with this, I volunteer myself to help in it's completion. It can be considered that my primary language would be english. Give me jagged and/or broken english sentences directly translated word for word by a machine or someone, and I will place and recreate it as best as I could. Hell, i'll even work full time on it if I have to.

This is it for now for this rookie. I hope this project will be considered by the top brass. That is all. o7
KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KuroiHikari »

BT does not decide what gets translated. Things get translated when people translate them and put it up on BT. BT is not a translation group.
Botan
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel: Zero no Tsukaima

Post by Botan »

KuroiHikari wrote:BT does not decide what gets translated. Things get translated when people translate them and put it up on BT. BT is not a translation group.
Exactly, as posted in Guidelines I'm just humbly trying to draw attention.
Some free translators like to come to this forum when they have free time, so your job is to catch their interest!
wyat_erp wrote:Hearts will bleed, heads will roll and trolls will rage at this one.
As far as I know it pretty well summarize previous novels of that author, and so I like it.
Last edited by Botan on Sat May 02, 2015 3:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
wyat_erp
Astral Realm

Post by wyat_erp »

well, whatever is the case, if the project get's started, count me in. :twisted:

Return to “Future Project Suggestions”