Phantom of Inferno (teaser included)

Have an idea on improving Baka-Tsuki?
Know a great light novel series that should be translated? Tell us here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Please read the New Project Petition Guidelines before posting!

How did you find reading Phantom of Inferno?

It was good! Please do more!
86%
It was interesting.
No votes
Not as good as I thought.
No votes
Boring. Not touching it again.
14%

Total votes: 7

Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Phantom of Inferno (teaser included)

Post by Darklor »

This is the feed back thread for Phantom of Inferno.
Please tell us what you think of it.

(Volume 1, Chapter 4, Raid on the Pier)
Teh_ping wrote:
Spoiler! :
It was the third day of interrogation inside the underground room. I did not take part in the raid on the pier, but the cold hard fact remained that I carried the injured Ein and ran away. I took several kicks and punches, but the physical pain on my body had become numb to me. At this point, I really felt that I was going to die. I had nowhere to go, I could not escape. I finally rediscovered my life as Azuma Reiji, and in just 3 days, I would end up dead.

“Tell us the truth! Where is Scythe!?”

Who knows? The moment I thought about that, I got punched, and I did not know if I got punched on the left or the right.

“Where did you take that Phantom to?”

(Even if I know, I won’t tell you.)

I coldly snorted.

However, it seemed that I was the only one captured by Inferno, and Ein, who took action on her own separately, seemed to have shaken off her pursuers, so those guys will not give up on pursuing her for the time being. When dealing with these people, I have to remain alert.”

“Step aside, Lizzie.”

“But…”

“That method won’t get you anything. Leave it to me.”

“…Is that so?”

BAM. The door was slammed hard, and Lizzie went off. In this cramped underground room, only Claudia and I were left.

“The transmitter is cut off. It doesn’t matter what you want to say now.”

There was a long moment of silence. Even without words, there was no need for two people to talk when they have many shared serets.

“You probably wouldn’t be caught if you did not cut corners.”

Claudia’s voice sounded extremely cold, but it was not unreasonable. I threw away this opportunity she finally gave me like trash.

“You’re too foolish.”

But I did not regret this.

“This is the real me. I will do what I want to do with all I have, but it’s just I did not succeed in the end…that’s all.”

“Do you really think that way? You’re still alive, your limbs are still intact, but you feel that you lost?”

“…You sound like I still have a chance.”

“That’s right.”

Claudia seemed to be lecturing this broken me here as she sharply interrupted my words.

“If everyone really suspected your relationship with Scythe, the interrogation wouldn’t have ended so simply, like this, right?”

“…”

“Your actions are suspicious, but this alone can’t prove that you have a relationship with Scythe. It’s just that the organization can’t tell what you’re thinking.”

“…Hasn’t anyone discovered that the killing machine Zwei has recovered his memories?”

“That’s how it is. So, just prove your identity.”

“Iden…tity?”

“Through your actions. Who are your allies, and who are your enemies.”

“You want me to kill Scythe?”

In the end, things ended up like this.

No matter what setbacks I meet, it would be hard for me to move if I do not step on a certain person’s corpse. Would God recognize such a life?

“I am no longer anyone’s ally or foe. That kind of thing does not matter to me. Whether it’s Inferno or Scythe, none of them matter to me. Just kill me as you wish.”

Yes, if I leave this place…what can I do? I will just revert back to being a killer, and I am sick and tired of this life.

“…Let me ask, is Ein your friend or foe?”
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.

Return to “Future Project Suggestions”